2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Review: Powerful and Comfortable

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Review

SLE1 Regular Cab Pickup (4.8L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Powerful and Comfortable
By spud90 on

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have never owned a truck before, but I will be moving my son to college and am planning some large home renovations. I bought this truck because dealers are making incredible deals on full-size trucks. A 2.5 ton vehicle with a 315hp engine that gets 15mpg around town is not bad in my opinion. Mine is a 4x2 because I am always on asphalt and it rarely snows in SE Virginia. One tip: Stabilitrak comes with traction control. So consider this option with a 2WD if you want a lower sticker and really don't want/need the extra maintenance and fuel comsumption of a 4WD. This vehicle handles well and is smooth and quiet. It reminds me of a 1977 Lincoln Town Car, only it handles much better.

The remote start makes sure I don't get into a hot vehicle. It also defrosts in the winter. No windshield scraping necessary.

The extra-cost aluminum wheels are a real pain to clean with all of their nooks and crannys.