2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Review: Great Truck

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Great Truck
By keith on

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have over 33K on my truck and use it for city and long distance driving. The truck rides and drives beautifully. I have a bad back and I drove an '08 Ford F150, Toyota Tundra, and Chevy (has less comfortable seats, go figure). The GMC out drove them all. I've used it to haul everything and it does it without a problem. I have the 5.3L engine and get 16 in the city and 18 - 20 on the highway driving 8 - 9 mph over the speed limit. Problems I've had with the truck: 2 of the 4 electric door locks went bad within 18 months. Dealership replaced them all to ensure no other issues. I've had great service at two dealerships I use. I'd buy another!

5.3L engine has plenty of power, smooth transmission, very comfortable seats, the ride and handling of the truck and I think it looks good

wish it had better tires coming from the dealership, I've had no problems with them but I don't like General tires. Wish SLE's would come with seat memory and overhead storage as standard equipment.