GMC Sierra Denali AWD
By Brent on
2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)
Very impressed with this vehicle. Sold my 175K mile Sierra and due to its excellent performance, I'm sold on GMC. The Denali drives and handles great. 18mpg hwy and 16.4 in town. Not bad for a 6.2 ltr V8. My previous 4.8 ltr V8 only beat that by 1mpg! My vehicle came loaded w/options and couldn't pass it up for $38.5K. With gas prices I think they are really having to come down on these things. Very quiet ride on the highway and around town. It does need more storage compartments/center console organizer. I would rather the center console open from the side rather than front. It's somewhat awkward and has a rather flimsy spring hinge.
Favorite Features
Sunroof, DVD sytem (kids), backup sensors, folding mirrors, heated mirrors,remote start, but most of all the impressive look, engine growl, and driving feel! A wonderful machine!
Suggested Improvements
Engine needs Flex-fuel capability. Not too crazy about the nav system. I think GMC should contract w/Garmin and use their technology, much more user friendly. I live in the country and the Nav system typically won't use smaller roads even though distance is cut by half. Poor route recalculation