2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Review: Almost Perfect!

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Review

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab

Almost Perfect!
By Sheepless on

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Before purchasing this vehicle I researched everything about it to the inth degree. I ended up trying to decide b/t the 08 Tundra and the 08 Sierra. I test drove the Tundra and liked it, immediatly following I went and test drove the Sierra and fell in love. MPG is as advertised. I can feel the v8 switch to 4cyl but no one else in the veh can, not a bid geal. My 2 dislikes: the brakes and transmission. Simply put, replace the rear drums with the Tundra's disc brakes and replace the 4 speed tranny with a 5 or 6 speed and you have the perfect truck! The 5.3 (w the 4 speed) feels less beefy than you would expect. All in all, I am extremely pleased. I am now a GM man for life.

The comfortable ride is #1. Remote start, solid quiet ride, MPG (Active Fuel Mgt), auto lights, stereo controls, wide stance, roomy comfortable interior. Of course the exterior. I could go on...

Disc brakes on rear wheels. Get rid of the 4 speed transmission. The EZ lift is not so ez. Some small picky things: better OEM tires, little longer bed.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review