Almost Perfect!
By Sheepless on
2008 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
Before purchasing this vehicle I researched everything about it to the inth degree. I ended up trying to decide b/t the 08 Tundra and the 08 Sierra. I test drove the Tundra and liked it, immediatly following I went and test drove the Sierra and fell in love. MPG is as advertised. I can feel the v8 switch to 4cyl but no one else in the veh can, not a bid geal. My 2 dislikes: the brakes and transmission. Simply put, replace the rear drums with the Tundra's disc brakes and replace the 4 speed tranny with a 5 or 6 speed and you have the perfect truck! The 5.3 (w the 4 speed) feels less beefy than you would expect. All in all, I am extremely pleased. I am now a GM man for life.
Favorite Features
The comfortable ride is #1. Remote start, solid quiet ride, MPG (Active Fuel Mgt), auto lights, stereo controls, wide stance, roomy comfortable interior. Of course the exterior. I could go on...
Suggested Improvements
Disc brakes on rear wheels. Get rid of the 4 speed transmission. The EZ lift is not so ez. Some small picky things: better OEM tires, little longer bed.