2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Best Truck Ever
By jcn7vc on 12/23/07 21:34 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have only driven this truck for a week now, but I love it more than any other car I have every touched. The gas mileage is better than advertised, it does very well in the snow and on icy roads. It looks better than the pictures. It handles like a car on the road and a truck off the road. Perfect for any situation. Lots of room in the crew cab, and the bed, although short, is still long enough for most items. I really love this truck!

Compare Denali to any other 1/2 ton.
By bob on 12/22/07 20:04 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I went into the truck market expecting to buy a Tundra because I have had such good luck with Toyotas.To say that I was pleasantly surprised with the Sierra is an understatement. I priced a loaded SLT with the 6 liter engine and the Denali was about the same price. It was an easy decision to buy the Denali because of the extas like the 6.2 liter motor and six speed tranny to mention a few. This truck will run with the Tundra, rides better, handles better and has a more refined interior. My wife prefers the Denali over her Acura RL, which she loves. My freinds can not believe the power with the engine and tranny combination. Do yourself a favor and test drive a Denali when looking for a new truck!

News of GM's dimise greatly exhaggerated
By The Needle on 12/01/07 09:37 AM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A family member bought the Tundra in Oct.'07-Toyota is making a big deal out of their 5.7L engine etc...the Tundra is a nice truck--but I decided to go with the Sierra for several reasons: Better road manners--especially on the freeway--very tight steering. Much more luxurious, refined and thought-ought interior. Everything inside is beautiful and solid--not an easy feat to accomplish. Classic looks--yet modern. GM really hit a home run with this design. I get more looks and questions than when I had a Porche. Perfect size Crew-cab. This is the biggest downer with Tundra--you either get the smaller ex-cab or the huge double--bigger than Dodge's. Bad combo. GM hands down!

This is one amazing truck!
By Denjhe on 11/29/07 12:27 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Black/black 08 Sierra Denali for about 2 months now. Amazing power. Amazing comfort.. Amazing headturner. A beautiful ride in every way. The MPG of 11-12 in the city is a bit of a nuisance but if you spend $42K for a truck you better not whine about the cost of fuel!! If you have the means you should buy this truck.

Best LuxuryTruck/ SierraDenali AWD 6.2 L
By X. Joseph on 11/08/07 18:45 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought this incredible machine. I bought it for the engine even though gas prices are high. It gets decent mileage for its powerhouse 403hp 6.2 liter engine. Best stock V8 horsepower of any brand and you still can chip it to 500hp +. The interior is refined and classy. It looks like my BMW 5 series inside. You can buy a regular fully loaded 4X4 crew and pay the same price. I feel this is the best deal in luxury trucks.approx. 40-45k depending on options. The cadillac escalade has become synonomous with bling bling and hip hop.- it is a little to showy for me. This Denali is not so showy and has a beautiful interior. So far no problems as I am babying it until 1000 miles. Super quality.

Very Nice Truck
By Pittsburgh-Mike on 11/08/07 13:41 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Very nice truck, great build quality. Unlike an ealier review that states the stereo is great, in my opinion the Bose system is a huge disapointment. The Factoy Nav system is great, but the speakers and center dash speaker is terrible. Why GM would even waist the money advertising it is a Bose system is beyond me. For a $45K truck, I would expect a better sounding stereo system. Gas milage is adverage, but you dont buy this truck for fuel milage. Ineterior quality is very nice. Wish GN had a 6' bed option with this truck, 5'8" bed is a lottle small. Looked at the new Toyota and F150 and I an glad I bought the Denali!

GM's Best Kept Secret
By Miss D on 10/22/07 19:31 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I can't wipe the smile off my face! This is the nicest truck on the road. The engine is very strong and the shifts are smooth as silk. Kids love the visibility out the side windows in the rear seat. I added the GM tonneau cover and carpet to the bed, which makes it great for hauling the stuff we haul.....groceries, stroller and hockey bags! The touch screen navigation/stereo is very user friendly and the stereo sounds great.

Best truck ever!
By Puggy on 09/14/07 18:53 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

With only 5 weeks and 1,200 miles of ownership my new 2008 GMC Sierra Denali has so far been flawless. I have owned Ford, Chevy and Dodge and this is by far the best of the bunch. Fit and finish is exceptional (for a truck or car), for a truck it has a smooth ride, great power and exhaust note, seamless 6 speed automatic transmission and great interior and exterior styling. It is like driving a full sized luxury SUV with a pick-up truck bed in the back. I couldn’t give 14-16 mpg a 10, but that’s not bad for having 403 hp on tap.

GMC got it Right!
By J. Barton on 09/14/07 14:22 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

GMC got it (finally) right with this one. Replaced a 2004 with this vehicle, comparison is like night and day. Fun to drive, good mileage, 18.8mpg in first 500 miles. This one is a winner for GMC. So glad we didn't give up on them and head to the Japnese market. Great interior, fine fit and function and good looks too. I love this truck!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew-cab in VA is:

$143 per month*