2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Love'n It!
By 1st GM in 30 yrs on 04/20/08 19:05 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought 3 months ago; now have +10K mi's. Love it. Been 30yr Ford guy. 1st GM truck ever considered. Bought the wife an 08 HHR liked it & got me to consider a GM again. Traded my 03 F2504dr 4x4 diesel (loved it) had +180k mi's;still miss the big 600#ft torq. Dealer offered me a 2-day GMC test drive! Hated the "luxury" dash; reminded me of dad's old gran marque, yuk. Wanted more lux but that dash was a deal-brkr. Added SLE pref + NFL pkg & leather/sunroof. Passengers can't but I can notice fr V4 to V8 pwr surge. No tailgate lock!? Will buy one. Has 3.42 rr gear; hard accel into 2nd gear causes rpm's to fall out of pwr-band then comes up. Ctr of hood vibrates continually while driving.

08 Sierra Denali
By Jeff B. on 02/20/08 17:32 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This 1/2 ton is awsome. 403 HP All wheel drive makes this a blast to drive. very comfortable. pulls my 24ft enclosed trailer and 26ft camp trailer pretty decent. 15-17 mpg not too bad for 400 hp. stabillatrack and speed sensitive steering make this truck handle very well. I had a 400+hp 2005 Duramax crewcab that I loved and traded it for this. I realy love this truck!

I expected much, got more.
By icelander on 02/17/08 16:21 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

After reading reviews about almost all possible kinds of trucks I decided on my Denali. Have had it for several days and this truck delivers. Interior is down to smallest detail without any fault, my truck actually looks better than the LandCruiser 200 having classical and delicate finish. Exterior is also great, kind a smart how low the truck looks giving the feeling of real street machine. It of course performs as a truck, no mistake there, but it's a looker. PS. Did I mention its screamingly powerful?

Almost Perfect!
By Sheepless on 02/09/08 08:43 AM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Before purchasing this vehicle I researched everything about it to the inth degree. I ended up trying to decide b/t the 08 Tundra and the 08 Sierra. I test drove the Tundra and liked it, immediatly following I went and test drove the Sierra and fell in love. MPG is as advertised. I can feel the v8 switch to 4cyl but no one else in the veh can, not a bid geal. My 2 dislikes: the brakes and transmission. Simply put, replace the rear drums with the Tundra's disc brakes and replace the 4 speed tranny with a 5 or 6 speed and you have the perfect truck! The 5.3 (w the 4 speed) feels less beefy than you would expect. All in all, I am extremely pleased. I am now a GM man for life.

Best Truck for the Money
By Matt on 01/23/08 19:36 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have been looking at buying a new truck for a while and the Sierra Denali is by far the best bang for the buck, that is if you can afford it. The truck has the best ride and handling of any truck I have ever driven. Gas mileage is not to great, so far I have average 15 mpg in the city and I got up to 22 mpg on the highway, but that is not to bad considering you have 403 HP on tap. The truck has excellent fit and finish and the exhaust note is very nice. If you pay sticker for this truck you will be paying way too much, I managed the get the 2WD model with the upgraded 20" chrome wheels for $35,900 (retailed for a little over 42). Bottom line, a great truck for the money.

Best truck I've ever owned
By Ralph Vandenberg on 01/14/08 13:21 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've been driving my Denali for about 3000 miles so far. It's an allover amazing vehicle. I haven't been able to find any faults whatsoever with the exception of the power being too tempting.... I'm going through the gas a bit faster than I'd like because it's too easy to hit the pedal. I give GMC full marks on this truck, it's got to be the best truck on the market right now.

Not a Happy Owner
By Luke on 01/11/08 16:05 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always been a Chevy man, really needed a new pickup so I went with the GMC. I wanted the 5.3l because it does great in my 01 Suburban. My New 5.3, which has fuel management gets much worse mileage. I get 13.5 MPG at any speed or condition driving, even downhill. Also the 4 sp transmission is clunky, brakes are sticky, interior clothe is Horrible, interior plastic comes apart, body has many mud pockets which will rot the metal and the front tire sprays road wash Into the frame by the front door. I am NOT happy with this truck which now has 3500 miles on it.

So Far So Good
By kitch on 01/08/08 19:43 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Just over 1 week of ownership and I can say I am very pleased with the vehicle. Traded in my Titan LE for this. Interior fit, finish and textures is by far the best I've seen on any truck. Flip up seats in the rear are nice and a necessity (Tundra I test drove didn't have that). Bose stereo is good and Nav seems easy to operate. Not quite as fun to drive as my Titan was, but still decent. Nice rumble from the stock exhaust. 6 speed tranny is smoooooth. Nice and quiet at 60mph. The AWD is a nice feature to have.

Near Perfect
By OD on 01/06/08 17:05 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The absolute best truck on the market! Had my Sierra w/ All Terrain package for three weeks and at just under 3k miles, I couldn't be happier. Rides like a luxury car on the highway and an off-roader when needed. All Terrain package runs just under Denali as far as price but maintains more of the off- roader feel. Z71 package w/ 20" chrome wheels, 5.3 liter V8, 2-tone leather seating, & much more. I am getting 20 to 21 mpg on hwy & 17 city! Not bad for a larger V8 that really isn't meant for fuel effiency. Overall, best truck on the market after extensive checking and I couldn't be happier. If you are looking for a real deal with a great feel do not stop short of at least drinving one!

King of Trucks
By DACO7916 on 01/06/08 15:11 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

To me this is the best full size pick up there is on the market. It is the perfect combination of power, comfort, elegance, sportiness, not too over the top styling.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.