Used 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

2008 GMC 1500
By medic979

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Nice truck. However, the transmission shifts hard and catches when leaving from complete stop. Dealer says they have had other customers with same problem and no fix for it, so very disappointed. Was in shop at 2000 miles with this problem and still does it. I looked at Fords and Toyota, quality was better. Why did I buy GM? I liked my selling dealer. I'm stuck with this truck that has a catch when leaving from a complete stop. Think twice before purchasing. I do enjoy the truck and if they find a fix for it I'll be happy, but they may be bankrupt first. Till they get their act together, go with Toyota.

Appearance, factory 20" tires.

Fix tranny problems, slip yoke problems

2008 GMC SLT Z71 Ext Cab 6.5 bed # 2
By schodackbassman

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th GMC extended cab and my 2nd z71 SLT. Trade my 04 for the 08 because of the great deals over the summer. I loved my 04 but the 08 is hands down a better overall truck. Adjustable everything for the driver including gas/brake pedal. Heated seats, great sound system, upgraded leather seats overall nicer inside. Like the return of drum brakes in the back and nice wheels. EZ lift tailgate is a godsend. Can be open/closed with one hand. Better heater then the 04 but still slow to warm in stop/go traffic on cold mornings below 20 degrees. Remote start is great, ride is great, looks are good, & no more touchy ABS system. 17" Wrangle ATS much better than cheap Bridgestones.

Cabin comfort, tires, ez lift tailgate, sound system, power and ride. Towing - Don't even feel the boat back there. Great off road in mud thanks to tires and locking differential.

Get rid of those tire pressure sensors! 170 degree door won't stay open, closer attention to body finish. Had paint drips on both doors. Some distortion in windshield but I'm used to it now. Sun visor small and no longer has extension I loved on my 04.

Great GMC
By frtlinr

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I sold a 95 3/4 ton and bought this 1500 series Sierra. I was somewhat concerned about this 1/2 ton pulling my 16ft trailer and, compact farm tractor. Wow, I am so very pleased with the way the Sierra handles this task. This truck has been impressive in every way.

The 5.3 engine is very powerful. The limited slip differential is a must have for my application. The interior is huge and everything on the instrument panel is well though out. I really like the XM radio too.

More airbags as standard equipment.

Disappointed
By Darryl

I have loved Chevrolets and GMCs for 30 years. My 03 Chevy Silverado was the best truck I have ever had. The 08 GMC has been the most disappointing truck I have ever purchased. I am constantly getting alarms that include: Park assist off, air bag, low tires when they are not. On top of the alarms that the dealer cannot fix I have had two interior fans replaced and they are rattling again. The motor is tapping even though I do the recommended everything. The ABS brakes act like I am on ice on dry road. Cheaper braking system. Already have warped discs. My o3 brakes went 144K miles. The sun visors are not wide enough to block the sun. Cannot handle the same trailer as the 03.

The highway ride and the way it looks.

Go back to the quality of the 03 in interior, brakes, alarms and comfort accessories. Needs sun visors wide enough that you do not need to hold your hand up to block the sun on the left side. Needs upholstry that does not stain so easily and does not statically hold everything.

Best truck on the market...Period
By hound

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Gas mleage is remarkable for a large truck with the 5.3 l engine. I typically average 18.9 combined driving and 20.2 on long interstate trips and have measured it numerous times. I test drove all the trucks on the market and this is hands down he best on the market. The quietness, comfort, handling, audio system is just simply the best on the market.

20 inch wheels really improve the handling, and the sound dampening features are incredible, and the Bose audio simply cannot be beat.

I cannot find anything that I would change on this truck, the interior is awesome, the exterior is still the best looking on the market. I have owned this truck for 3 months and just love to drive it. he new series 9000 design is a huge improvement over the older trucks in every way.