2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Needs Help
By ted on 09/05/08 17:30 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

No way this truck has 403hp. Had two different 06 Titan trucks that would leave this thing in the dust. Also, the Titans would out tow the Denali. The Bose radio system is whimmpy compared to other trucks and cars I have owned. Handling is so-so. No standard step rails or sprayed in bed liner. Come on GMC this is your top of the line? Get real. I guess this will be the last GMC I will buy.

Great Truck
By Drewgold on 08/18/08 07:07 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had this truck for a month and all I want to do is drive it. It rides and drives much better than my 05 did. (though I was happy with that truck as well) The controls are well laid out and easy to reach. There is planty of interrior storage. As for all you cry babies about gas mileage, what do you expect from a 5000lb truck with a 315hp V8? I am pretty much getting what the sticker claims. (14/19) If you are that concerned about gas mileage I recomend the Malibu. If you want a great truck then buy a Sierra.

Better then the rest
By blksiryder on 07/26/08 21:01 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just got my new GMC with the 5.3. I love the fact of the fuel managment system. The mpg's could be better but not bad. The engine is a power house. I traded my 2000 turbo diesel for this truck and with the 100k powertrain warranty. I know it will last the the term of the loan. I would buy 2 if I needed them.

'08 SLT Crew Z 71 pack
By L. Morris on 07/12/08 10:18 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Last truck was a '96 Z71 ext cab Chevy. This truck is awesome! I love 99% of it! I chose this, over the somewhat cheaper Silverado, due to the way the dealer treated me and the price they quoted me. No one else could come close to my deal.

1st time truck owner
By t.gooch on 06/29/08 11:32 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've always been a General Motors man since I can remember being allowed to drive the neighborhood mechanics' '65 Fleetwood Brougham de'Elegance. Man that was sweet. Owned nothing but Cadi' since '77. Been wanting a truck for the last 10 yrs. Researched Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Chevy, and GMC, of course GMC won me over. I love this truck. Just in hindsight, wish I'd gotten the catback system with duals, chrome grille, the tonneau cover and 20s". Owned since Valentines day, 7,000 miles later, several trips to Memphis, one to Tupelo, I can't even complain about the gas mileage (great for a truck), flex fuel management is great. Thanks GMC you hit this one out of the park.

A few items
By John on 06/27/08 20:29 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Active fuel management is a little disappointing. I thought I would get higher gas mileage. I get higher gas mileage with my 2001 5.3l GMC. It could be GMC's choice of tires. I do like the truck's ride and interior comfort. The cup holder and glove box need work. The owners manual barely even fits in the glove box. All in all it is an 8.

More bang for your buck
By Mean Machine on 06/12/08 11:04 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I completely love this truck. I modified this truck and added an additional 35 hp to the existing 403, wow! Need I say more! Added side steps 5" oval, bed cover with rear spoiler and lite, complete tint. Modified exaust for deeper purr, added air intake, Customized GMC Logo cyrstalized. Black it out completely, changed door handles to black got rid of chrome strip, added OMEX 6000K halogen kit, got rid of the orange on front head light assembly, changed tailpipe all black 5" oval, sits on 26" black rims, with a lowered supension kit 2"f 5"b, looks mighty damm good! Wish I could post a picture. This is what a real truck should look like, love it, love it, love it.

GMC Sierra Denali AWD
By Brent on 06/11/08 12:30 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Very impressed with this vehicle. Sold my 175K mile Sierra and due to its excellent performance, I'm sold on GMC. The Denali drives and handles great. 18mpg hwy and 16.4 in town. Not bad for a 6.2 ltr V8. My previous 4.8 ltr V8 only beat that by 1mpg! My vehicle came loaded w/options and couldn't pass it up for $38.5K. With gas prices I think they are really having to come down on these things. Very quiet ride on the highway and around town. It does need more storage compartments/center console organizer. I would rather the center console open from the side rather than front. It's somewhat awkward and has a rather flimsy spring hinge.

DENALI
By GAGZ on 04/29/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just bought this truck, it now has about 6,000m on it. I LOVE it. Lots of power, tows great, very comfortable. Fuel economy stinks but what do you expect with a 6.2L V8? I love the lines of the body and the interior has plenty of buttons! I really don't have any complaints, although for the money i should get a backup camera... Oh ya, and it's all time 4-wheel drive, i don't like that at all! NO burnouts!

Tuff truck
By tatertot on 04/24/08 17:35 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great, the wide stance make you feel safe. The handling is great, there is hardly any roal in the suspension when cornering. Believe it or not I jumped my new truck 1 week after I got it. But not purposly. When I did so the landing hurt but the truck was fine. The balance was tweeked but I checked it out and nothing was broke or bent. It drives the same as before.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew-cab in NJ is:

$249 per month*