2008 GMC SLT Z71 Ext Cab 6.5 bed # 2
By schodackbassman on
2008 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
This is my 4th GMC extended cab and my 2nd z71 SLT. Trade my 04 for the 08 because of the great deals over the summer. I loved my 04 but the 08 is hands down a better overall truck. Adjustable everything for the driver including gas/brake pedal. Heated seats, great sound system, upgraded leather seats overall nicer inside. Like the return of drum brakes in the back and nice wheels. EZ lift tailgate is a godsend. Can be open/closed with one hand. Better heater then the 04 but still slow to warm in stop/go traffic on cold mornings below 20 degrees. Remote start is great, ride is great, looks are good, & no more touchy ABS system. 17" Wrangle ATS much better than cheap Bridgestones.
Favorite Features
Cabin comfort, tires, ez lift tailgate, sound system, power and ride. Towing - Don't even feel the boat back there. Great off road in mud thanks to tires and locking differential.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of those tire pressure sensors! 170 degree door won't stay open, closer attention to body finish. Had paint drips on both doors. Some distortion in windshield but I'm used to it now. Sun visor small and no longer has extension I loved on my 04.