2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Best Truck I ever owned!
By Bill on 06/25/08 09:30 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab SLE1 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have built quite a few cars and trucks over the years, this by far out performs them in an all around sense. I got a pretty basic truck for my buisness so that's why comfort is a marked low. My only complaints are that I didn't go bigger with an extended or crew cab, and we need the 6 speed in the basic trucks too. The motor is the most impressive part of this truck. I have a tool box and tonneau, and now acheive up to 22 mpg. The six speed wouldn't work here. My friends Scion TC only get 25-27 mpg average so I'm very very happy.

Powerful and Comfortable
By spud90 on 06/17/08 11:24 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab SLE1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have never owned a truck before, but I will be moving my son to college and am planning some large home renovations. I bought this truck because dealers are making incredible deals on full-size trucks. A 2.5 ton vehicle with a 315hp engine that gets 15mpg around town is not bad in my opinion. Mine is a 4x2 because I am always on asphalt and it rarely snows in SE Virginia. One tip: Stabilitrak comes with traction control. So consider this option with a 2WD if you want a lower sticker and really don't want/need the extra maintenance and fuel comsumption of a 4WD. This vehicle handles well and is smooth and quiet. It reminds me of a 1977 Lincoln Town Car, only it handles much better.

I love this truck
By R Taylor on 03/24/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab SLE1 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I decided to buy a new truck and chose the new body GMC for several reasons. The overall design is great! The interior is nicer than ever and everything is within easy reach. The big bold grille stands out in a crowd.

Capable and solid
By LYNDONGOLDEN on 01/04/08 10:36 AM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab SLE1 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted a stylish "basic" regular cab truck. I looked for a comparably equipped Tundra but there were few choices out there...with only leftover '07 models, almost all of them long-bed and white! And none of the base model Toyotas had factory XM radio. So I purchased the Work Truck package Sierra... and I'm very pleased. The dash design, controls, seats, driving position, and interior storage all work very well for my tastes. The cargo management system is very usefeul as well. And the 4.8 V8 has a satisfying exhaust rumble. I drive alot in the bumpy inner-city Houston streets, and this truck hamdles it well. This was a good choice, and I beleive it will serve me well.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.