2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Great GMC
By frtlinr on 11/17/08 07:18 AM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I sold a 95 3/4 ton and bought this 1500 series Sierra. I was somewhat concerned about this 1/2 ton pulling my 16ft trailer and, compact farm tractor. Wow, I am so very pleased with the way the Sierra handles this task. This truck has been impressive in every way.

Disappointed
By Darryl on 11/01/08 09:48 AM (PDT)

I have loved Chevrolets and GMCs for 30 years. My 03 Chevy Silverado was the best truck I have ever had. The 08 GMC has been the most disappointing truck I have ever purchased. I am constantly getting alarms that include: Park assist off, air bag, low tires when they are not. On top of the alarms that the dealer cannot fix I have had two interior fans replaced and they are rattling again. The motor is tapping even though I do the recommended everything. The ABS brakes act like I am on ice on dry road. Cheaper braking system. Already have warped discs. My o3 brakes went 144K miles. The sun visors are not wide enough to block the sun. Cannot handle the same trailer as the 03.

Best truck on the market...Period
By hound on 09/01/08 17:41 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Gas mleage is remarkable for a large truck with the 5.3 l engine. I typically average 18.9 combined driving and 20.2 on long interstate trips and have measured it numerous times. I test drove all the trucks on the market and this is hands down he best on the market. The quietness, comfort, handling, audio system is just simply the best on the market.

Great Truck !
By bigsky on 08/20/08 08:59 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

GM hit it out of the park on this one! I bought the SLT with All Terrain package and it's a great combination. Drive the Tundra then buy the GMC.

You're missing out...
By DirtyD on 07/28/08 23:50 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I test drove every make of truck and this one got my money. Sharp truck and a real headturner with my Black Z-71. Power is great and off road ability is only topped by a Wrangler (I'm an avid Jeeper). Can't say enough about the ride comfort and quiet demeanor, very nice interior. I was looking for a truck, not a Prius or Cadillac. This is the perfect truck.

My fifth GMC
By Mick on 06/23/08 00:45 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck drives great! I have an 03 Yukon that gets about the same mileage without cutting 4 cylinders off so that doesn't seem to be worth much. It has developed a squeak in the front end the past few days like a dry ball joint but the dealership isn't open on the weekend so I will get it there Monday, pretty annoying for a truck with 3000 miles. I have always loved GMC'S so I love this one too, it looks great and other than the squeak has been great. There is a lot of air noise from the doors that is annoying with the radio off. There are plenty of power ports for devices in the front and back and even one in the console!

08 Sierra 1500
By blurry25 on 04/18/08 21:15 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Coming from a Honda Civic the Sierra 1500 feels like a monster. What a dream to drive. I actually enjoy driving to work now. One of the first things I noticed was how quiet the ride is. With the windows up road noise is virtually none existent. I've been getting around 16.6mpg with all around driving. I suspect that will go up as the motor breaks in, but hey if you're looking for fuel economy buy a prius and just hope that someone in a 1500 doesn't hit you. I highly recommend getting the remote start option. I always start the truck a few minutes before I leave and it either turns on the heater or AC depending on the inside temp of the truck. Nothing like hoping into the perfect climate.

GMC Lemon
By First & Last GMC on 04/01/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

First & last GMC truck(2008 SLE 4- Wheel Drive, 5.3 engine). I just traded this truck with 1900 miles on it. The truck had vibrations in the front and passenger door. 3 trips and 14 days in the dealership did not solve the problem. My personal mechanic said the problem was in the powertrain. I gave up and took a loss. I told this story to General Motors and have not even had a reply! Fool Me Once!

My first Pickup
By Bill on 03/22/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

Been driving 47 yrs and always wanted a pickup. Am I glad I got the GMC Sierra! Very good gas mileage with the 5.3 L 4/8cyl. Ave ~17-18 local and 21-23 highway. No significant complaints. Great comfort and handing.

I love this truck
By Love this truck on 03/20/08 07:51 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for 2,000 miles and about 6 weeks with no problems at all. The truck is solid and fun to drive. I love the exterior design. It looks rugged. I replaced my 1995 Dodge Dakota to get a real truck. I am extremely happy with my decision.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.