Used 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Worth every penny!!
By joe

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

First truck i have ever owned and it's everything i expected. Have owned 4wd suv's in the past and this truck has out performed them in winter by far. I take the truck for every family function and vacations , even over my wife's car.

The look, and comfort.I'm not one of those COOL guys who has to speed every were i go so the performance of the engine is great for what you need out of a truck (not sports car).

I do take my three small children every where in it so my only complaint is the door style on the extended cab versions. Its a little awkward in the winter trying to get them in and out when your in tight parking areas.Would like gm to go with dodges style doors on all their trucks.

GMC should change there initials...
By jojo123

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SL 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

To JUNK!!!! Too many problems with check engine light coming on constantly. For some reason, the gas cap constantly comes loose. GM should provide better stock tires. Had a flat from a piece of limestone gravel. Dealer told me I should drive on better roads! (It's a truck, isn't it?) Should have stayed with Ford. Big mistake to buy this truck. Dealer isn't interested in helping very often. It takes multiple visits to fix one problem. Maybe if the service manager got off his lazy [violative content deleted] of his chair, it could be fixed. Last GM product EVER!

Still not sold on vehicle
By north star

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought pickup through GM Employee Pricing sale and got very good deal. Not quite sure about pickup, as you can feel the 4 and 8 cylinder activating and de-activating. I have experienced the tranny jerk from a complete stop as well. After changing oil I can smell oil in the cabin for at least the first 1,500 miles before going away, cannot find any leaks anywhere.

Went with GMC over Chevy as it looked nicer overall style wise.

Forget the active fuel management, and stick with basics, I am getting worse mileage now than I did with my 2005 Chevy crew cab and that was a heavier vehicle, I should be getting better economy now than before, going backwards.

So Far So Good?!
By nickdapit

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I moved up from a 96 Chevy S10 to a 2008 Sierra, and like the title says so far so good?! I am impressed with the ride and overall appeal of the truck. I had a spray-on bedliner installed and the truck has no problem getting any big job done.

The ability to save so many channels on your radio, and see which channel you are selecting. Also great feeling steering wheel leather.

My only complaint is I have heard some rattling going on somewhere in the car seems like it is coming on the far corners of the front dash. But if that is my only complaint then I will live. Be nice to have some better plastic moldings on the dash..seems a little cheapy!!

2008 GMC 1500
By medic979

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Nice truck. However, the transmission shifts hard and catches when leaving from complete stop. Dealer says they have had other customers with same problem and no fix for it, so very disappointed. Was in shop at 2000 miles with this problem and still does it. I looked at Fords and Toyota, quality was better. Why did I buy GM? I liked my selling dealer. I'm stuck with this truck that has a catch when leaving from a complete stop. Think twice before purchasing. I do enjoy the truck and if they find a fix for it I'll be happy, but they may be bankrupt first. Till they get their act together, go with Toyota.

Appearance, factory 20" tires.

Fix tranny problems, slip yoke problems