2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Miss Pretty
By Lorie Velasquez on 09/24/09 17:33 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

After driving my 1993 GMC extended cab for 15 years I decided to go shopping I found a deep crimson metallic gmc crew cab 4 wheel drive I kept going back and looking for about 3 months then I took it for a test drive and I had to have it I think this is a beautiful tough truck I can dress like a lady and go out on the town or I can get nasty dirty and and load it up with what ever and it never fails me I love the security of onstar and the enjoyment of xm radio.I get alot of compliments on how pretty my truck is my friends at work have named her Miss Pretty

What a difference!
By Sierra on 07/12/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Immediately drove 2 WD truck (17" tires) to central OH from central FL - 20.2 mpg @ cruise set mostly 75 mph. Returned to FL w/bass boat in tow 15-17 mpg. Ride is super w/effortless handling. Plenty of power with 5.3 engine. I wanted a truck with car type ride. That's why I got 2 WD with 17" rims.

poorly crafted
By jorge on 06/13/09 22:10 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

although its a beautifull truck mine was poorly crafted i found rattling noise inside the cabin, brakes make alot of noise, and has poor stability,gmc needs to improve the performance on their vehicles and keep their promisses with warranties.

Poor Throttle Response
By Sierra Driver on 06/11/09 17:12 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SL 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck replaced my 2001 GMC Sierra 4wd with the 5.3 motor. The throttle response on the 4.8 motor is pathetic. The traction control is overly sensitive, and the truck jumps out of passing gear too soon. The truck is comfortable, quiet, and handles well. The brakes are a major improvement over my previous 2001 Sierra. I love the lighter weight of the tail-gate.

Gordon's truck
By gordon on 06/06/09 10:15 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

paint blotchy -rattle in seat belt harness (back 2 times for that still rattles) slip in rear end when taking off -vent didnt work trim piece had to be replaced. When cleaning truck chrome has splinters that catch teri cloth. molded mud guards dont fit snug to body also drivers door latch had to be fixed. and I ordered the truck

Best truck I have owned
By Damion Green on 06/04/09 13:10 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. Great service from the dealership. Great truck all around. I have no complaints.

Average
By APPELSCF on 11/22/08 18:07 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second GMC. I recently traded up from a 2006. Good ride and handling, Like the appearance, gets the same mileage as my 06, averages 18 mpg. I have cloth interior, I liked the old cloth material better. Radio controls are hard to reach. I like the new dual zone controls. The backup sensor is a joke, some of the gauges are blocked by the steering wheel, I really like the new head lights the low beams stay on with the high Beam. Fog lights are cheap. the interior quality is better than my 06

Best Truck -- needs a few improvements
By Pete1954 on 11/11/08 07:16 AM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love everything about this truck, except for the upholstery. The charcoal colored cloth picks up lint, dog hair, everything and it's quite visible. But what's worse, the nap on the upholstery is starting to flake off with only 14K miles! Quite honestly, if I had realized what a tremendous vehicle this was in every other way, I would have gone with the SLT or Denali trim, had leather and not have the upholstery issue. This is a keeper -- guess I will be looking for an upholstery shop.

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned
By Atrain on 10/15/08 11:44 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is easily the best vehicle I've ever owned. I'm 6'7" and am super comfortable. This truck has been flawless - I look forward to many years of reliable service. And the gas mileage isn't bad. It depends a lot on how you drive and how fast you drive. I'm getting almost 19mpg around town. Very satisfied.

Better Than the Rest
By Bob on 10/13/08 08:15 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have not had a truck in a while and I love this one. Great deal, excellent fit & finish and actually drives & rides better than a Volvo sedan I traded.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew-cab in NJ is:

$249 per month*