Used 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Fit and finish
By mesalaxdad

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

So I've had the truck less than a year. It has only 18k on it. I've had to replace two door lock switches. I've also replaced a leaky oil pan gasket. It's been in the dealership 3 times. When I wash it the door moldings leak for hours.

A little sluggish of the line, but around 35 there is nothing faster.

Attention to detail.

First GMC Sierra 1500
By Sierra2008

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This Truck has been nothing but problems. Starts out with, 6 door locks being replaced, A new radio, rattles, dir seat broke, steering wheel Bearing went bad. Now no warranty left, Have HVAC issues, it does not start up on the first try dealer told me itÂ’s the fuel pump, which will cost 1000 bucks. I cannot believe GM would even put-out this truck and call it professional grade. What a POS. The transmission shifts terribly, the driveline is noisy with clunks and the engine has oil consumption issues. IF YOU HAVE AN LC9 alum block 5.3L AFM ENGINE OR CREW CAB CHECK THE OIL. You will need new pistons installed and an AFM oil shield after 30,000. I'm going back to a FORD F150

The truck looks good. Too bad the Quality is poor.

GM needs to get it together. The New GM is a Joke. If They keep making vehicles like this they deserve to go under. Until that happens, Do yourself a favor and buy a Ford. I leased F150's since 96 to 08 and had all but three small issues. GM Please spend money don't go with cheap suppliers.

Overall a great truck
By EddieH

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SL 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I love this truck. I LOVE the styling, and it's very comfortable to drive. There are a few nitpicking things though, I hate the hesitation when you give it gas suddenly. I am told this is due to GM using "torque management" in their PCM tune. Ford and Dodge do not this. This is probably the only real disappointment. The others are small things like when you hit the recirculation button on the AC, then turn the AC on, it defaults back to outside air, you have to hit the recirculation button again. Drives me nuts. The mileage is about what you would expect from a truck this size and engine size. Overall, I love the truck..the quality is very good.

Styling, interior, and comfort. Has an excellent ride. When towing, the truck drives very straight and controlled (stabilitrack)

Remove torque management from PCM tune. Fix the AC controls so that you don't have to constantly be hitting the recirc button. Tune more for power, less for fuel economy. The power is there, GM just has to release those ponies..

Great truck so far
By Jaxman

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SL 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Really enjoy the overall look and comfort of this truck. The only real problem that I have had with the truck is the reoccurring "clunking" from the rear u-joint on the drive shaft. Dealer told me that GM is aware of the problem but has not issued a bulletin to properly correct it. Dealer fills it with grease and corrects the cluck for 30-60 days.

Leather heated seats, XM Radio, 20" Wheels, OnStar.

GM needs to correct the Clunking drive shaft on their trucks!

Great Truck
By keith

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have over 33K on my truck and use it for city and long distance driving. The truck rides and drives beautifully. I have a bad back and I drove an '08 Ford F150, Toyota Tundra, and Chevy (has less comfortable seats, go figure). The GMC out drove them all. I've used it to haul everything and it does it without a problem. I have the 5.3L engine and get 16 in the city and 18 - 20 on the highway driving 8 - 9 mph over the speed limit. Problems I've had with the truck: 2 of the 4 electric door locks went bad within 18 months. Dealership replaced them all to ensure no other issues. I've had great service at two dealerships I use. I'd buy another!

5.3L engine has plenty of power, smooth transmission, very comfortable seats, the ride and handling of the truck and I think it looks good

wish it had better tires coming from the dealership, I've had no problems with them but I don't like General tires. Wish SLE's would come with seat memory and overhead storage as standard equipment.