1st time truck owner
By t.gooch on
2008 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
I've always been a General Motors man since I can remember being allowed to drive the neighborhood mechanics' '65 Fleetwood Brougham de'Elegance. Man that was sweet. Owned nothing but Cadi' since '77. Been wanting a truck for the last 10 yrs. Researched Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Chevy, and GMC, of course GMC won me over. I love this truck. Just in hindsight, wish I'd gotten the catback system with duals, chrome grille, the tonneau cover and 20s". Owned since Valentines day, 7,000 miles later, several trips to Memphis, one to Tupelo, I can't even complain about the gas mileage (great for a truck), flex fuel management is great. Thanks GMC you hit this one out of the park.
Favorite Features
Love the ride, comfortable for long distances, the look (it's cute)it's an eye catcher, my choices in changing the single disc to 6, cloth to leather, and the color, Crismon Metalic, or as I call it Black Cherry
Suggested Improvements
I agree with another reviewer, a spray on bedliner from the factory, running boards and the chrome grille and I do believe you would have more converters to the GMC family. Also more interior storage space.