Used 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Amazing work truck with 4.3
By dale

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

What a kick A## truck!! I used this truck for a whole week straight, major city driving, and merging at least 100 times on the free way. The truck is a (made in late 07) stripped down model, no ac, no power anything, no cd. 4 Guages on the dash, absolutely basic. Has the 4.3 Vortec and I am absolutely amazed with the power and handling of this base model! I mean it really gets out of its way! Merging and passing is no fuss at all, rarely goes over 3k rpm. Mileage is at 247k. Original 4L60E tranny, never rebuilt. Takes about 5 seconds to go into drive, although no slipping. Braking power is impressive. I highly recommend the 4.3. No fuel management BS no electronic junk, just an old style 4.3 (same hp as my 93 s10 lol). If your hauling an 8k lb trailer, look other ways. Towing 4-5k? NO problem!

Lifters lift 2 grand out of my wallet every yr!
By A. Russell

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Envoy That I really love, I bought it to see if GMC would be right for us when I buy my brand new truck after graduation. Did I mention, I LOVE my Envoy? Love everything about it, except for the LIFTERS!!!! Every year we have a few replaced. Tisk, Tisk on you GM, you need to figure this problem out. It is too expensive to ignore. WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GMC, BUICK, CADILLAC, or CHEVY, until GM comes clean. GM knows that this problem exists and yet cannot seem to fix it, or admit they know something is wrong with their fuel management system. Thanks for an undependable SUV that breaks down every year because GM's fuel management system is faulty, shoody, and SUPER EXPENSIVE to repair! No, never again GMC. Love my ENVOY, so mad because Yukon has been my dream truck since I was a teenager. You can keep your "fancy" looking vehicles and your literally EXPLOSIVE Hcell cars, your defective gas tanks that kill people, I do not trust you GM. I am breaking up with you, and I never want you back. You are nothing but a disappointment, a mirage of what seems to be like the perfect vehicle until you realize you were just dreaming and this mirage you bought into will cost your family two to four thousand dollars once or twice each year. Perfection is impossible, but still, you are completely the opposite and not even close. Lies + perfection=deciet. #ENDRANT

transmission dead after 44k miles
By jms20

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab SLE1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new and it has been generally fine.
Unfortunately the transmission self-destructed 1 month out of the 5 year warranty.
I do mostly city driving and rarely tow.
The dealer tried to repair it but apparently it was so bad they gave up and put in a rebuilt one.
Very disappointed given I've only driven it 40k miles.
The dealer was able to get some of it covered by GMC at least but I felt like they should have covered it all since the problem started before the 5yr end date.

Bad Transmission
By junkgmcsierra

GMC will not stand behind there Trucks. My 2013 Sierra has ahard banging type clunk noise when shifting to 3rd gear sometime it feels like the powertrain is going to break. After several attemts to have it resolved including a test drive from a GM rep i have been told this is normal condition. GM bulletin # 01-07-30-042G. This truck has less than 9k miles on it.

Impove on customer service.

me again
By jeffhall

well 2008 gmc half ton 4x4 seirra. "heck i really dont know where to begin . it seems this truck looks good but i have had uncountable troble with it it has now 46914 miles and last night it was on the record being towed to the dealership becouse the locking diff engage coming out of my garssy back yard with a slight incline. and try alot of things to disingage the locking diff and i just didnt get it to disengage. anyways ..heres what ive had problems withother than what i just mentioned . flashes from under truck while driving, blinkers , tail lights fogging up, battery leaking all over the underhood side, gadges doing weird stuff, light display correctly, "ran out of space to keep typing.

mom allways said this if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything atall sooo.

build a better truck.