Used 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE2 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

2008 GMC 1500
By medic979

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Nice truck. However, the transmission shifts hard and catches when leaving from complete stop. Dealer says they have had other customers with same problem and no fix for it, so very disappointed. Was in shop at 2000 miles with this problem and still does it. I looked at Fords and Toyota, quality was better. Why did I buy GM? I liked my selling dealer. I'm stuck with this truck that has a catch when leaving from a complete stop. Think twice before purchasing. I do enjoy the truck and if they find a fix for it I'll be happy, but they may be bankrupt first. Till they get their act together, go with Toyota.

Appearance, factory 20" tires.

Fix tranny problems, slip yoke problems

My fifth GMC
By Mick

This truck drives great! I have an 03 Yukon that gets about the same mileage without cutting 4 cylinders off so that doesn't seem to be worth much. It has developed a squeak in the front end the past few days like a dry ball joint but the dealership isn't open on the weekend so I will get it there Monday, pretty annoying for a truck with 3000 miles. I have always loved GMC'S so I love this one too, it looks great and other than the squeak has been great. There is a lot of air noise from the doors that is annoying with the radio off. There are plenty of power ports for devices in the front and back and even one in the console!

Rear extended cab doors open all the way open to the side of the truck and rear windows roll down which is really nice. The All Terrain package I got has 18" chrome wheels that look awesome and many people have commented on them, it also has a chrome grille. Love the XM radio. Four wheel drive!

I put a Ranch fiberglass bed cover on the bed that is great, should be an option. Grease front end before letting leave factory. Improve OnStar service area if going to equip vehicles with it. Make doors more airtight.

GMC Lemon
By First & Last GMC

First & last GMC truck(2008 SLE 4- Wheel Drive, 5.3 engine). I just traded this truck with 1900 miles on it. The truck had vibrations in the front and passenger door. 3 trips and 14 days in the dealership did not solve the problem. My personal mechanic said the problem was in the powertrain. I gave up and took a loss. I told this story to General Motors and have not even had a reply! Fool Me Once!

Exterior Looks

Quality control or lack of.