2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
2008 GMC 1500
By medic979 on 12/25/08 08:59 AM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Nice truck. However, the transmission shifts hard and catches when leaving from complete stop. Dealer says they have had other customers with same problem and no fix for it, so very disappointed. Was in shop at 2000 miles with this problem and still does it. I looked at Fords and Toyota, quality was better. Why did I buy GM? I liked my selling dealer. I'm stuck with this truck that has a catch when leaving from a complete stop. Think twice before purchasing. I do enjoy the truck and if they find a fix for it I'll be happy, but they may be bankrupt first. Till they get their act together, go with Toyota.

My fifth GMC
By Mick on 06/23/08 00:45 AM (PDT)

This truck drives great! I have an 03 Yukon that gets about the same mileage without cutting 4 cylinders off so that doesn't seem to be worth much. It has developed a squeak in the front end the past few days like a dry ball joint but the dealership isn't open on the weekend so I will get it there Monday, pretty annoying for a truck with 3000 miles. I have always loved GMC'S so I love this one too, it looks great and other than the squeak has been great. There is a lot of air noise from the doors that is annoying with the radio off. There are plenty of power ports for devices in the front and back and even one in the console!

GMC Lemon
By First & Last GMC on 04/01/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

First & last GMC truck(2008 SLE 4- Wheel Drive, 5.3 engine). I just traded this truck with 1900 miles on it. The truck had vibrations in the front and passenger door. 3 trips and 14 days in the dealership did not solve the problem. My personal mechanic said the problem was in the powertrain. I gave up and took a loss. I told this story to General Motors and have not even had a reply! Fool Me Once!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended-cab in WA is:

$155 per month*