Used 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Needs Help
By ted

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

No way this truck has 403hp. Had two different 06 Titan trucks that would leave this thing in the dust. Also, the Titans would out tow the Denali. The Bose radio system is whimmpy compared to other trucks and cars I have owned. Handling is so-so. No standard step rails or sprayed in bed liner. Come on GMC this is your top of the line? Get real. I guess this will be the last GMC I will buy.

Sound of the engine. Comfortabe seats.

Say goodby to AWD.

GMC Sierra Denali AWD
By Brent

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Very impressed with this vehicle. Sold my 175K mile Sierra and due to its excellent performance, I'm sold on GMC. The Denali drives and handles great. 18mpg hwy and 16.4 in town. Not bad for a 6.2 ltr V8. My previous 4.8 ltr V8 only beat that by 1mpg! My vehicle came loaded w/options and couldn't pass it up for $38.5K. With gas prices I think they are really having to come down on these things. Very quiet ride on the highway and around town. It does need more storage compartments/center console organizer. I would rather the center console open from the side rather than front. It's somewhat awkward and has a rather flimsy spring hinge.

Sunroof, DVD sytem (kids), backup sensors, folding mirrors, heated mirrors,remote start, but most of all the impressive look, engine growl, and driving feel! A wonderful machine!

Engine needs Flex-fuel capability. Not too crazy about the nav system. I think GMC should contract w/Garmin and use their technology, much more user friendly. I live in the country and the Nav system typically won't use smaller roads even though distance is cut by half. Poor route recalculation

DENALI
By GAGZ

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just bought this truck, it now has about 6,000m on it. I LOVE it. Lots of power, tows great, very comfortable. Fuel economy stinks but what do you expect with a 6.2L V8? I love the lines of the body and the interior has plenty of buttons! I really don't have any complaints, although for the money i should get a backup camera... Oh ya, and it's all time 4-wheel drive, i don't like that at all! NO burnouts!

Exterior looks, nice wheels, power

Be able to turn 4-wheel drive off, backup camera.

08 Sierra Denali
By Jeff B.

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This 1/2 ton is awsome. 403 HP All wheel drive makes this a blast to drive. very comfortable. pulls my 24ft enclosed trailer and 26ft camp trailer pretty decent. 15-17 mpg not too bad for 400 hp. stabillatrack and speed sensitive steering make this truck handle very well. I had a 400+hp 2005 Duramax crewcab that I loved and traded it for this. I realy love this truck!

403 hp, AWD, interior, heated seats and steering wheel, 403 hp!

Lower the rear about 2 inches for a better stance. A little better gas mileage wouldn't hurt

I expected much, got more.
By icelander

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

After reading reviews about almost all possible kinds of trucks I decided on my Denali. Have had it for several days and this truck delivers. Interior is down to smallest detail without any fault, my truck actually looks better than the LandCruiser 200 having classical and delicate finish. Exterior is also great, kind a smart how low the truck looks giving the feeling of real street machine. It of course performs as a truck, no mistake there, but it's a looker. PS. Did I mention its screamingly powerful?

Hmmm, the sound system, the transmission, the quality of workmanship, the power, the smoothness and the almost royal chrome finish all around the car.

Strangely, I do have a small problem with my car. I live in Iceland and there is no map for my country for the NAV system. Something I knew but never the less, miss... Other than that, well my car is slightly indifferent about saving fuel...