2008 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Needs Help
By ted on 09/05/08 17:30 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

No way this truck has 403hp. Had two different 06 Titan trucks that would leave this thing in the dust. Also, the Titans would out tow the Denali. The Bose radio system is whimmpy compared to other trucks and cars I have owned. Handling is so-so. No standard step rails or sprayed in bed liner. Come on GMC this is your top of the line? Get real. I guess this will be the last GMC I will buy.

GMC Sierra Denali AWD
By Brent on 06/11/08 12:30 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Very impressed with this vehicle. Sold my 175K mile Sierra and due to its excellent performance, I'm sold on GMC. The Denali drives and handles great. 18mpg hwy and 16.4 in town. Not bad for a 6.2 ltr V8. My previous 4.8 ltr V8 only beat that by 1mpg! My vehicle came loaded w/options and couldn't pass it up for $38.5K. With gas prices I think they are really having to come down on these things. Very quiet ride on the highway and around town. It does need more storage compartments/center console organizer. I would rather the center console open from the side rather than front. It's somewhat awkward and has a rather flimsy spring hinge.

DENALI
By GAGZ on 04/29/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just bought this truck, it now has about 6,000m on it. I LOVE it. Lots of power, tows great, very comfortable. Fuel economy stinks but what do you expect with a 6.2L V8? I love the lines of the body and the interior has plenty of buttons! I really don't have any complaints, although for the money i should get a backup camera... Oh ya, and it's all time 4-wheel drive, i don't like that at all! NO burnouts!

08 Sierra Denali
By Jeff B. on 02/20/08 17:32 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This 1/2 ton is awsome. 403 HP All wheel drive makes this a blast to drive. very comfortable. pulls my 24ft enclosed trailer and 26ft camp trailer pretty decent. 15-17 mpg not too bad for 400 hp. stabillatrack and speed sensitive steering make this truck handle very well. I had a 400+hp 2005 Duramax crewcab that I loved and traded it for this. I realy love this truck!

I expected much, got more.
By icelander on 02/17/08 16:21 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

After reading reviews about almost all possible kinds of trucks I decided on my Denali. Have had it for several days and this truck delivers. Interior is down to smallest detail without any fault, my truck actually looks better than the LandCruiser 200 having classical and delicate finish. Exterior is also great, kind a smart how low the truck looks giving the feeling of real street machine. It of course performs as a truck, no mistake there, but it's a looker. PS. Did I mention its screamingly powerful?

Best truck I've ever owned
By Ralph Vandenberg on 01/14/08 13:21 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've been driving my Denali for about 3000 miles so far. It's an allover amazing vehicle. I haven't been able to find any faults whatsoever with the exception of the power being too tempting.... I'm going through the gas a bit faster than I'd like because it's too easy to hit the pedal. I give GMC full marks on this truck, it's got to be the best truck on the market right now.

So Far So Good
By kitch on 01/08/08 19:43 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Just over 1 week of ownership and I can say I am very pleased with the vehicle. Traded in my Titan LE for this. Interior fit, finish and textures is by far the best I've seen on any truck. Flip up seats in the rear are nice and a necessity (Tundra I test drove didn't have that). Bose stereo is good and Nav seems easy to operate. Not quite as fun to drive as my Titan was, but still decent. Nice rumble from the stock exhaust. 6 speed tranny is smoooooth. Nice and quiet at 60mph. The AWD is a nice feature to have.

Compare Denali to any other 1/2 ton.
By bob on 12/22/07 20:04 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I went into the truck market expecting to buy a Tundra because I have had such good luck with Toyotas.To say that I was pleasantly surprised with the Sierra is an understatement. I priced a loaded SLT with the 6 liter engine and the Denali was about the same price. It was an easy decision to buy the Denali because of the extas like the 6.2 liter motor and six speed tranny to mention a few. This truck will run with the Tundra, rides better, handles better and has a more refined interior. My wife prefers the Denali over her Acura RL, which she loves. My freinds can not believe the power with the engine and tranny combination. Do yourself a favor and test drive a Denali when looking for a new truck!

This is one amazing truck!
By Denjhe on 11/29/07 12:27 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Black/black 08 Sierra Denali for about 2 months now. Amazing power. Amazing comfort.. Amazing headturner. A beautiful ride in every way. The MPG of 11-12 in the city is a bit of a nuisance but if you spend $42K for a truck you better not whine about the cost of fuel!! If you have the means you should buy this truck.

Best LuxuryTruck/ SierraDenali AWD 6.2 L
By X. Joseph on 11/08/07 18:45 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought this incredible machine. I bought it for the engine even though gas prices are high. It gets decent mileage for its powerhouse 403hp 6.2 liter engine. Best stock V8 horsepower of any brand and you still can chip it to 500hp +. The interior is refined and classy. It looks like my BMW 5 series inside. You can buy a regular fully loaded 4X4 crew and pay the same price. I feel this is the best deal in luxury trucks.approx. 40-45k depending on options. The cadillac escalade has become synonomous with bling bling and hip hop.- it is a little to showy for me. This Denali is not so showy and has a beautiful interior. So far no problems as I am babying it until 1000 miles. Super quality.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.