Excellent Choice
By Rick on
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
As a first-time truck buyer I was aiming more for a mid-size, thinking it the best place to find a good compromise between utility and drivability. However, when I got to the dealership and compared sticker prices I found I could get more for my money in the larger Sierra than the mid-size Canyon. The test drive was the clincher. The regular cab, 8ft bed WT rides as smooth as our mini-van and sits higher for better visibility. The build-quality is impressive; no rattles, tight seams and attention to detail. All knobs and buttons are within easy reach and the cabin space is generous. Utility- wise, well, there isn't anything that won't fit inside the 8ft bed. Outstanding truck by GMC.
Favorite Features
Price, 8ft bed, trailer-mode for transmission, 5,000lbs hauling capacity off rear bumper, spacious cabin, instrument panel design, excellent visibility over the hood.
Suggested Improvements
Offer after-market keyless entry. My dealership says this is not available and a third-party installation voids the electrical system warranty.