A truck is a truck
By Greg's Work Truck on
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
We purchased this truck for the sole purpose of hauling things. We chose the regular cab, 8ft bed 4.3l automatic work truck. We have rental property and we decided we needed a basic truck with lots of bed space. Our GMC does the job very well. We load lots of stuff in the back and doesn't strain, not one bit. Sheets of plywood and drywall fit perfectly. I am not a fan of trucks, so I don't get excited driving it. The flip down covers for the power ports broke and were replaced. The rubber stops for the gas cover broke and were replaced. All else is good. Its a truck. The airbag light comes on and shuts off the engine. The dealer updated the software and it hasn't happened again.
Favorite Features
8ft bed. Hauls as much as we can put in it. Dash looks nice for a truck. Simple and easy to use. Seats are comfortable. Ride comfort is good for a truck. Material quality is good so far. Mechanically sound. Handles reasonably well. Brakes ok. I'm happy with my choice.
Suggested Improvements
It would've been nice to receive a note from GMC telling me to bring it in for the software update. The power ports need a better cover - it feels like they'll break again. Cover the inside of the rear wheel wells with something black. Make a CD player standard.