Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 1500

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Sweet truck, high price
By sweettruck

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the performance package which came with 20" wheels. Great traction on snow, ice, rain and dry pavement. Excellent acceleration. Definitely great fuel economy.

It drives like a Cadillac!

I paid 42,000 The least they could offer is a free spray in bed liner. $475.00. Is that too much to ask for?

'07 GMC Sierra Denali AWD
By MikeB

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned my '07 Denali for 10 months and 12k miles, and I am still in love with it. I can't find a fault. I've used it as a daily driver, and it's very comfortable and nice to drive. It serves as my hunting rig. I've pulled trailers, and hauled big loads, all with no issues. I've taken it on trips and it cruises great on the open hwy. The truck returns acceptable mileage given it's horsepower - I've averaged about 14.5mpg in mostly city driving. For those who like to tinker, I added a K&N cold air intake and a flowmaster dual exhaust, and while not necessary, these items added immensely to my enjoyment of the vehicle. You really should check out the GMC before buying a new truck.

Remote start, 403hp, 6-speed transmission, exterior looks, interior design, 20inch wheels/tires

None

Awesome
By bureppert

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my truck. Previously I had a Ford F150, but it was crap. I traded it in for my Sierra and I am so happy I did. I only had the Ford about three years and the trasmission was going out.

The flex-fuel and the power. Knowing that my family is safe. OnStar

Very Satisfied
By fiftyfour

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have always loved full sized American trucks, but leery to buy because of reliablity issues. I finally bought last Feb. and have not regretted it! My Sierra SLE 4 X 4 ext. cab is everything I dreamed it would be. A blast to drive, no problems. Well built and designed. The lift and 35" tires didn't help ride quality, but sure look good. The truck continues to turn heads. It isn't a speed demon, but the engine is strong and the transmission smooth. I chose the basic, no frills interior. I love it. Seems very durable. Even the cheap stereo sounds great. Had one rattle, which the dealer fixed, also "rollover sensor" light came on. Also fixed. This is my dream truck and wouldn't trade it for the world

Interior design and quality. Body design. Stereo. Exterior paint. Feels very planted on the road.

Base cloth seating material attracts a lot of lint,etc. Gas mileage. Would like to get the 6.0l engine without getting Denali edition.

GMC Outdid Themselves
By Chuck_Yager

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck 6 months now and I absolutely love it! My family has owned many GM trucks and this one is by far the best that they have ever produced. The power is excellent and the ride and drive are much better than you would expect to get from a truck. I wish that I would've gone w/ the Vortec Max package and gone w/ the SLE2 trim, but I am extremely happy with it and have no real regrets. I coonhunt and tow a jeep to go rock crawling and this truck is definately more than capable in both situations. It does seem to be alittle spin-happy in certain situations, but great in 4x4. The seats are hard to clean(lint roller). I looked hard at the other brands and they just fell short.

Quiet and smooth ride, locking rear differential, all of the redesigned features, placement of knobs & switches, quality build, fit, & finish; looks, handling....in short everything

Just nit-picking..... The fuel mileage isn't quite with what was claimed, but 14/17 mpg isn't bad from a 4 DR 4x4. Who buys a truck for good mpg? Wish they would updatethe trans to a 5 or 6 speed to better use power, current one works great though. 2 more inches of ground clearance would be nice.