Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Awesome
By bureppert

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my truck. Previously I had a Ford F150, but it was crap. I traded it in for my Sierra and I am so happy I did. I only had the Ford about three years and the trasmission was going out.

The flex-fuel and the power. Knowing that my family is safe. OnStar

Very Satisfied
By fiftyfour

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have always loved full sized American trucks, but leery to buy because of reliablity issues. I finally bought last Feb. and have not regretted it! My Sierra SLE 4 X 4 ext. cab is everything I dreamed it would be. A blast to drive, no problems. Well built and designed. The lift and 35" tires didn't help ride quality, but sure look good. The truck continues to turn heads. It isn't a speed demon, but the engine is strong and the transmission smooth. I chose the basic, no frills interior. I love it. Seems very durable. Even the cheap stereo sounds great. Had one rattle, which the dealer fixed, also "rollover sensor" light came on. Also fixed. This is my dream truck and wouldn't trade it for the world

Interior design and quality. Body design. Stereo. Exterior paint. Feels very planted on the road.

Base cloth seating material attracts a lot of lint,etc. Gas mileage. Would like to get the 6.0l engine without getting Denali edition.

GMC Outdid Themselves
By Chuck_Yager

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck 6 months now and I absolutely love it! My family has owned many GM trucks and this one is by far the best that they have ever produced. The power is excellent and the ride and drive are much better than you would expect to get from a truck. I wish that I would've gone w/ the Vortec Max package and gone w/ the SLE2 trim, but I am extremely happy with it and have no real regrets. I coonhunt and tow a jeep to go rock crawling and this truck is definately more than capable in both situations. It does seem to be alittle spin-happy in certain situations, but great in 4x4. The seats are hard to clean(lint roller). I looked hard at the other brands and they just fell short.

Quiet and smooth ride, locking rear differential, all of the redesigned features, placement of knobs & switches, quality build, fit, & finish; looks, handling....in short everything

Just nit-picking..... The fuel mileage isn't quite with what was claimed, but 14/17 mpg isn't bad from a 4 DR 4x4. Who buys a truck for good mpg? Wish they would updatethe trans to a 5 or 6 speed to better use power, current one works great though. 2 more inches of ground clearance would be nice.

Hands Down
By Smokchasr

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

One ten-minute test drive in icy conditions will tell you all you need to know about this truck's capabilities. The traction control and handling give the driver the confidence needed to get where you need to go even when faced with the brutal whiteout and drifting condition. Evidenced by a trip through Snoqualmie Pass when it was closed to tractor-trailer traffic. Two in the morning, no plows out, and 6- 8 inches of wet snow having fallen, and 100 feet visibility. My Sierra passed crawling traffic, breaking through lane burms with ease and control. In order for the driver to feel comfortable in those conditions, the truck has to transition between lanes without tipping or sliding.

The variable fuel technology was the selling point. Smoothly transitioning between 8 cylinders and 4, the average mileage on the interstates is 21-22 mpg. Around town, I am getting 17.5-19 mpg. Show me another truck that is doing that and offering the beautifully designed, ergonomic interiors.

I would love to have a place to organize my change in the center console. Passenger seat position memory settings that are included in the driver's seat would be a nice feature.

Fun, but with a Flaw
By Sam

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All in all a nice truck. 5.3 with flex fuel helps on the highway, but still not getting the 20-25 i wanted. The Flaw is vibration. THe truck was apparently designed to vibrate and bounce when driving on concrete when driving 40-60 mph. GMC has confirmed this and does not seemed concerned about this major safety issue. The ride on asphalt is wonderful, smooth, not a sound to be heard. The engine responds when needed and the interior leaves little to be desired.

Sounds system. Just thumps the whole truck. Engine. Very robust and powerful. Dual climate control - keeps everyone happy.

Fix the bounce. There is no excuse for designing a truck to vibrate on concrete but not on asphalt.