Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Most Helpful|
GMC Outdid Themselves
By Chuck_Yager

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck 6 months now and I absolutely love it! My family has owned many GM trucks and this one is by far the best that they have ever produced. The power is excellent and the ride and drive are much better than you would expect to get from a truck. I wish that I would've gone w/ the Vortec Max package and gone w/ the SLE2 trim, but I am extremely happy with it and have no real regrets. I coonhunt and tow a jeep to go rock crawling and this truck is definately more than capable in both situations. It does seem to be alittle spin-happy in certain situations, but great in 4x4. The seats are hard to clean(lint roller). I looked hard at the other brands and they just fell short.

Favorite Features

Quiet and smooth ride, locking rear differential, all of the redesigned features, placement of knobs & switches, quality build, fit, & finish; looks, handling....in short everything

Suggested Improvements

Just nit-picking..... The fuel mileage isn't quite with what was claimed, but 14/17 mpg isn't bad from a 4 DR 4x4. Who buys a truck for good mpg? Wish they would updatethe trans to a 5 or 6 speed to better use power, current one works great though. 2 more inches of ground clearance would be nice.

3 years after
By GMC owner

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my GMC about 3 years ago. Loved the styling thinking it was the best full0sized truck out there. I've driven it daily since buying it. A few paint scrapes and had to replace both the front and rear brakes (just replaced the rear brakes myself today). As well as one headlight. All in all it really was how GM marketed it a long-lasting dependable truck. I've driven it from California to Virginia by way of Canada and Texas (towing a Volvo on a car trailer). I currently drive it in Germany. It has never not been a reliable truck. only complaint is that the 6.0 liter eats gas, and is not as good as GM says it is on fuel economy. A great truck for the money

Favorite Features

Styling, Seems like you can't kill this truck. Even though it's chevy's corporate cousin it still just feel solid and as their old ad slogan was "like a rock". Handles well at 90 mph in countries where there are no speed limits.

Suggested Improvements

Come on you have to find a way to make it better on Gas it's the 21st Century there has to be some better tech for improving fuel economy. Also unless you really punch the gas it kind of lags when wanting to pass.I could do without the speed governor since I can't drive as fast on the autobahn.

Good truck if you are OK with the MPG
By tr709

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I originally wasn't interested in the Denali, but I stumbled upon a killer lease deal ($399 mo), so I went for it. My only complaint with the build quality was with the exterior door handles in which both fronts came loose. I'm currently getting 15.5 mpg in 80% highway driving and with my recent move and longer commute, I'm paying for it. You will need to rotate the tires on schedule as the fronts will wear by 25k if you don't, But that is common with most trucks. Overall I have been satisfied with my truck and the reliability has been very good, routine maint, tires and 1 headlight bulb have been it. I now have 38k miles on it.

Favorite Features

power, AWD, comfort, XM & sunroof

Suggested Improvements

exterior door handles

high oil consumption ,delay in throttle response and cheaply built parts
By nickb407

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

6.0 litre vortex max...i love the looks of it and it really is a hard working truck. at 2 years of age i was using aprox 1 1/2 quarts of oil between changes. at three to four years old. i couldnt make it a full oil change before getting a low oil light ( about 3 quarts low). no leaks, just burning it. also its a huge truck with little leg room for me. and a sometimes very scary delay in throttle response. when hitting the gas to cross a busy street and it doesnt move for a full second seems like an hour!! and very cheaply made parts.... a stabilizer link made from plastic!! really?! how ridiculous

Favorite Features

my favorite feature was the heated windshield washer fluid till they recalled it and disconnected it. i will never purchase another gm product, and ashamed to say but probably never an american made vehicle again.

Suggested Improvements

use better made parts and fix the oil consumption problem. $50k should have zero ploblems!!

Excellent Buy
By docknow

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My last truck was a 1997 F-150 4wd extended cab and it was the best riding truck that I have ridden in including Chev and GMC and it had 187,000 with NO problems. I purchased thw 2007 1500 Sierra in April 2008 and I could not have made a better decision. This crew cab rides and handles like a sports car, it has the Z71 package which is too firm in some situations but excellent in others. I have recommended this truck to many of my friends who are Ford and Dodge lovers, three have swithed and are very happy.

Favorite Features

Heated wipers, cleans bugs off the windsheild very well, controls, leg room, I am 6'3", comfortable bucket sets, remote start.

Suggested Improvements

The cloth fabric attracts everything, I wish GM had a package wher you could purchase the leather covers for the cloth seats.