Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Great Buy
By hadley

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this truck now for 4 months and have been very pleased with it. Biggest complaint is the interior. The overall layout looks great (pure truck interior), but the seat material looks to be made from the same material as the headliner in my prev last gen Chevy-it collects lint and your clothes stick to it. The floor under the backseat in the ex-cab isn't flat like the crew-hard to stick two 10" subs under. The gas mileage is lower, but what do expect from a bigger/heavier truck-get 17.5/20.5. However, it is faster than the last 4.8L's I've owned-3rd one now. This has a great ride quality, is super quiet and looks wonderful. Definitely GM's best truck yet.

I love the remote start-very handy on cold mornings. The 170 deg opening rear doors and roll down windows is really nice-easy to load stuff into the back. The tranny shifts real smooth. OnStar is great. Best part is the front-get looks and comments all the time.

Bring back the upholstery of last gen- more durable, easier to maintain, looks nicer. Make the floor in back flatter like crew. Lower ride height about 2"-I'm 5' 7"; I have to "climb" in and out everytime.

Falling in Love...with a pickup
By smokchasr

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The fuel economy is as advertised. Switching to four-cylinders when cruising has yielded an average of 20- 22 mpg. In Montana, that is huge. We need 4x4 pickups that have this available power, comfort, and improved fuel economy for the obligatory long drives.

The hybrid engine was the selling point.

The only thing I would like to see would be a better set of tires from the factory. If you're gonna sell a pickup in the mountain west, you should option all-season tires.

Love My Truck
By Pat

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought this truck. Already love it. Nothing like a GMC vehicle and love the Vortec engines. Still have a Bravada with a 178,000 miles on it doesn't use a drop of oil and runs like a champ. This 2007 is comfortable and has a great ride. Just hope it gives the same service my old Blazer and Bravada have given.

The ride

Lovin' this truck!
By Grogol

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've wanted a pickup for years, but never thought it was practical for me. Then I had a certain birthday and thought I better get one while I can still enjoy it. I did a lot of research and narrowed it down to the Sierra and Toyota Tundra. I thought the Sierra was a better truck overall and was a better value. The quietness and build quality really reflect well on GMC really doing a "Professional Grade" job on this design. I'm lovin' every minute of owning this outstanding vehicle. I'm looking forward to a long hunting trip with my two sons in November and hopefully will bring some deer home in the bed.

The engine is smooth, powerful, and has just the right quality and volume of sound effects. The Bose stereo is awesome! The interior is exceptionally well designed and attractive. I tried out the Auto Trac in the rain and it controlled wheel spin phenomenally well. I'm getting about 17 mpg overall

I guess the 6 speed coming to the 5.3 engine in 2009 (as I understand) will be even better, but the 4 speed seems to work fine.

Featureful with a few issues
By Kiki

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great looking truck on the exterior (except cheap paint is used) with lots of features, but only averaging 16 mpg even on long highway trips. Cheap interior all the way around - upholstery is the worst I have ever experienced in my life - it can't be cleaned with a vacuum and it is falling apart. I feel gypped because previous GM trucks had good upholstery. Carpeting is cheap, Plastic interior is very cheap, hard, and actually discoloring - the truck is only 6 months old! Even with all the problems - I still really like this truck! Strange whirring noises independent of engine, AC, brakes, or tires. I have no idea what fan could be so odd sounding upon starting and while driving.

OnStar, driver info, XM, rear assist, good hauling capacity, good looking, safety features, lots of room

Ultra-cheap upholstery. It's literally falling apart after only 6 months and a car wash vacuum cannot clean it! Cheap paint, easily chips. Cheap carpet. Very inferior plastic. Needs a better tailgate lift. Very uncomfortable seatbelts. Cheap materials, too many rattles