2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
"Eli"
By leecp34 on 09/24/07 20:00 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a 07 Dodge 2500 Cummins. I wasn't pulling as much. Surprised that every day I like the truck even more. Gorgeous truck just hope that the mileage goes up. 700 miles on it averaged 17 on highway.

Great Truck
By MN JoBlow on 08/21/07 19:23 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck looks beautiful. All the lines look great. I previously owned an F150, which was a really good truck. As a Ford guy, I was reluctant to try a GM truck because I had never been impressed with GM's previous trucks. I have to say that I am very happy with the GMC and the new style. It is quiet on the road, and the mileage hasn't been too bad for a pickup. There is no comparing this to any of GM's old pickups. I would definitely recommend this truck.

I Love My Truck!!
By Kiki on 08/14/07 05:16 AM (PDT)

This is an awesome truck! It is big, nimble, powerful, and gorgeous! Lots of storage space! The extended cab is great - large enough for women, children, dogs, and groceries to ride comfortably. The first week I got the truck, I hauled a packed Audi, a packed bed, and a packed cab with two dogs and a passenger. There is no lack of power or comfort! Although I've only been averaging. I have also been hauling a lot of stuff all the time. It's hard to know what the mpg would be without all the work. Then again, why buy a truck if you aren't putting it to work? The Sierra beat out Chevy because Chevy was too boxy (read ugly) and it beat out Tundra on overall features and handling, hands down!

I love it
By mikem on 08/07/07 08:10 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first truck since my '81 Chevy, which was a base truck. I love everything about this truck, comfort, drivability, interior room, and overall apperance. I have the tow package and really like the added ride height. Although this is just a step up from a 'base' truck, it has everything I want. Nice stero, excellent a/c, excellent visibility, and just plain fun to drive. Still only in the 15 mpg range which I hope will improve. But love the power of the small v-8.

07 SLE 1500
By epbog on 07/23/07 21:15 PM (PDT)

I upgraded from an 03 Chevy 1500 LS. This is a far superior truck, but they took out a few of the minor conveniences like express down passenger window, separate cargo box light control, and overhead storage (not that this truck is short on storage)! The engine is noticeably stronger and smoother, but shift points at low/mid throttle acceleration could be better, or a 5 or 6 speed transmission. Also, my 03 had rear disc brakes and this truck has drums. Haven't towed yet so I can't tell if there is a real difference in stopping power yet. Great for a full size truck with this kind of power. I have always been a Ford guy, but the style and power of this truck is changing my mind!

Love It
By maternut on 07/18/07 18:04 PM (PDT)

The only thing I don't like is fuel mileage. Traded a 2002 in on this one and got a little better mileage. Both had the same engine 4800. This is crew cab and the other one was a ext. cab. Bigger wheels and a little more weight may be part of the mileage problem. Getting about 2 miles per gal. less maybe it will improve with a few more miles.

Poor Mileage
By Jim on 07/11/07 19:27 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Getting 16MPG overall and 10MPG city. All the reviews I read prior to purchase had the truck in the overall 19-22 MPG. Dealer keeps telling me to give it time. This is my third GM truck and never previously experienced such terrible mileage. My 2004 gave me 23 MPG on the highway and 17 in town. Other than the mileage issue it is a tremendous truck. The fuel management system does not work--again dealer tells me to give it time.

Got Heavy?
By john claeys on 06/17/07 18:00 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

OK, so it is a full-sized pick up. but does it have to be so heavy? "Drives like a car", I don't think so..unless you're referring to a '56 Buick! This truck has heavy steering and an unpleasant oversteer, I have to actually drive it out of turns. I have noticeable brake fade coming down the mountain. I have tried to drive with the perverbial "egg under my foot" and have managed a whopping 15mpg combined driving...far less than I've heard others tout.

Best bang for your buck!
By vortexatuomotive on 04/23/07 13:49 PM (PDT)

I bought this tuck a week ago and so far so good with 800 miles in one week on the clock. Fit and finish of the truck is awsome inside and out. The interior has tons of head and leg room. More room in the back seat area than the 2007 Ford F150 by far. Fuel economy with the 5.3 V8 with AFM got me 19 MPG highway and city driving, which is much beter than the F150. The engine packs a hell of a punch and the locking rear differential works like a charm. The truck looks like a truck should look, big bulky and stylish. Also road noise is kept to a minimum in the cab while crusing down the highway at 70 MPH.

GMC 1500
By Jeff on 04/23/07 11:28 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Outstanding truck. Outside styling is excellent. Drive comforts are well designed and accessible. Interior has ample room. Rear seat is roomy and comfortable

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.