Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Awesome
By bureppert

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my truck. Previously I had a Ford F150, but it was crap. I traded it in for my Sierra and I am so happy I did. I only had the Ford about three years and the trasmission was going out.

Favorite Features

The flex-fuel and the power. Knowing that my family is safe. OnStar

Very Satisfied
By fiftyfour

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have always loved full sized American trucks, but leery to buy because of reliablity issues. I finally bought last Feb. and have not regretted it! My Sierra SLE 4 X 4 ext. cab is everything I dreamed it would be. A blast to drive, no problems. Well built and designed. The lift and 35" tires didn't help ride quality, but sure look good. The truck continues to turn heads. It isn't a speed demon, but the engine is strong and the transmission smooth. I chose the basic, no frills interior. I love it. Seems very durable. Even the cheap stereo sounds great. Had one rattle, which the dealer fixed, also "rollover sensor" light came on. Also fixed. This is my dream truck and wouldn't trade it for the world

Favorite Features

Interior design and quality. Body design. Stereo. Exterior paint. Feels very planted on the road.

Suggested Improvements

Base cloth seating material attracts a lot of lint,etc. Gas mileage. Would like to get the 6.0l engine without getting Denali edition.

Hands Down
By Smokchasr

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

One ten-minute test drive in icy conditions will tell you all you need to know about this truck's capabilities. The traction control and handling give the driver the confidence needed to get where you need to go even when faced with the brutal whiteout and drifting condition. Evidenced by a trip through Snoqualmie Pass when it was closed to tractor-trailer traffic. Two in the morning, no plows out, and 6- 8 inches of wet snow having fallen, and 100 feet visibility. My Sierra passed crawling traffic, breaking through lane burms with ease and control. In order for the driver to feel comfortable in those conditions, the truck has to transition between lanes without tipping or sliding.

Favorite Features

The variable fuel technology was the selling point. Smoothly transitioning between 8 cylinders and 4, the average mileage on the interstates is 21-22 mpg. Around town, I am getting 17.5-19 mpg. Show me another truck that is doing that and offering the beautifully designed, ergonomic interiors.

Suggested Improvements

I would love to have a place to organize my change in the center console. Passenger seat position memory settings that are included in the driver's seat would be a nice feature.

Fun, but with a Flaw
By Sam

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All in all a nice truck. 5.3 with flex fuel helps on the highway, but still not getting the 20-25 i wanted. The Flaw is vibration. THe truck was apparently designed to vibrate and bounce when driving on concrete when driving 40-60 mph. GMC has confirmed this and does not seemed concerned about this major safety issue. The ride on asphalt is wonderful, smooth, not a sound to be heard. The engine responds when needed and the interior leaves little to be desired.

Favorite Features

Sounds system. Just thumps the whole truck. Engine. Very robust and powerful. Dual climate control - keeps everyone happy.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the bounce. There is no excuse for designing a truck to vibrate on concrete but not on asphalt.

Great Buy
By hadley

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this truck now for 4 months and have been very pleased with it. Biggest complaint is the interior. The overall layout looks great (pure truck interior), but the seat material looks to be made from the same material as the headliner in my prev last gen Chevy-it collects lint and your clothes stick to it. The floor under the backseat in the ex-cab isn't flat like the crew-hard to stick two 10" subs under. The gas mileage is lower, but what do expect from a bigger/heavier truck-get 17.5/20.5. However, it is faster than the last 4.8L's I've owned-3rd one now. This has a great ride quality, is super quiet and looks wonderful. Definitely GM's best truck yet.

Favorite Features

I love the remote start-very handy on cold mornings. The 170 deg opening rear doors and roll down windows is really nice-easy to load stuff into the back. The tranny shifts real smooth. OnStar is great. Best part is the front-get looks and comments all the time.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the upholstery of last gen- more durable, easier to maintain, looks nicer. Make the floor in back flatter like crew. Lower ride height about 2"-I'm 5' 7"; I have to "climb" in and out everytime.