Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Should have bought an import!
By luis

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck brand new and have been sorry for it. I had it in the shop like 10 times in the first 1.5 years. I would really have to think hard before buying another GM product, even GM customer rep's did very little to help resolve my issues. radio replaced, remotes replaced, one speaker blew out ( now another has blown out ), power steering unit replaced, cross member bar repaired, tie rods replaced, motor mount replaced, body mount replaced, steering shaft serviced, something in steering wheel broke, and rear seat was unstitched when bought!

I really like the design of truck inside & out, but I would give that up for a better built truck with less eye catching looks! With today's demand for power, why not add more 12v outlets & more engine power in even the work truck. Why a 4.8 and why not just put the 5.3 in all trucks? Not smart

Why offer a small liter engine in a full size truck. Nissan and Toyota have it right, you get the same engine in all trims. If I wanted a small engine, I would buy small truck or a car. Poorly built

Excellent Buy
By docknow

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My last truck was a 1997 F-150 4wd extended cab and it was the best riding truck that I have ridden in including Chev and GMC and it had 187,000 with NO problems. I purchased thw 2007 1500 Sierra in April 2008 and I could not have made a better decision. This crew cab rides and handles like a sports car, it has the Z71 package which is too firm in some situations but excellent in others. I have recommended this truck to many of my friends who are Ford and Dodge lovers, three have swithed and are very happy.

Heated wipers, cleans bugs off the windsheild very well, controls, leg room, I am 6'3", comfortable bucket sets, remote start.

The cloth fabric attracts everything, I wish GM had a package wher you could purchase the leather covers for the cloth seats.

Sticker mileage statement
By ken smith

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

vehicle is rated at 16 in city, 20 on hwy. Expected 15 in city and 18 on hwy. Realistically am getting approx 12.4 city and 16.5 on hwy. Have checked several times. Good, conservative driver aged 77. Driving GMC trucks for 18 years. Best overall truck for quality, performance, and resale.

Remote starter ,reduced glare driver mirrors. XM radio. Steering wheel cruise and radio controls. Performance and ride. Back-up warning sensor. Large storage console.

Backup camera. keyed lock on center console. Cooled/heated front leather seats. Option to upgrade to premium tires.

'07 GMC Sierra Denali AWD
By MikeB

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned my '07 Denali for 10 months and 12k miles, and I am still in love with it. I can't find a fault. I've used it as a daily driver, and it's very comfortable and nice to drive. It serves as my hunting rig. I've pulled trailers, and hauled big loads, all with no issues. I've taken it on trips and it cruises great on the open hwy. The truck returns acceptable mileage given it's horsepower - I've averaged about 14.5mpg in mostly city driving. For those who like to tinker, I added a K&N cold air intake and a flowmaster dual exhaust, and while not necessary, these items added immensely to my enjoyment of the vehicle. You really should check out the GMC before buying a new truck.

Remote start, 403hp, 6-speed transmission, exterior looks, interior design, 20inch wheels/tires

None

GMC Outdid Themselves
By Chuck_Yager

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck 6 months now and I absolutely love it! My family has owned many GM trucks and this one is by far the best that they have ever produced. The power is excellent and the ride and drive are much better than you would expect to get from a truck. I wish that I would've gone w/ the Vortec Max package and gone w/ the SLE2 trim, but I am extremely happy with it and have no real regrets. I coonhunt and tow a jeep to go rock crawling and this truck is definately more than capable in both situations. It does seem to be alittle spin-happy in certain situations, but great in 4x4. The seats are hard to clean(lint roller). I looked hard at the other brands and they just fell short.

Quiet and smooth ride, locking rear differential, all of the redesigned features, placement of knobs & switches, quality build, fit, & finish; looks, handling....in short everything

Just nit-picking..... The fuel mileage isn't quite with what was claimed, but 14/17 mpg isn't bad from a 4 DR 4x4. Who buys a truck for good mpg? Wish they would updatethe trans to a 5 or 6 speed to better use power, current one works great though. 2 more inches of ground clearance would be nice.