2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Awesome
By bureppert on 03/05/08 17:22 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my truck. Previously I had a Ford F150, but it was crap. I traded it in for my Sierra and I am so happy I did. I only had the Ford about three years and the trasmission was going out.

Very Satisfied
By fiftyfour on 02/05/08 15:50 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have always loved full sized American trucks, but leery to buy because of reliablity issues. I finally bought last Feb. and have not regretted it! My Sierra SLE 4 X 4 ext. cab is everything I dreamed it would be. A blast to drive, no problems. Well built and designed. The lift and 35" tires didn't help ride quality, but sure look good. The truck continues to turn heads. It isn't a speed demon, but the engine is strong and the transmission smooth. I chose the basic, no frills interior. I love it. Seems very durable. Even the cheap stereo sounds great. Had one rattle, which the dealer fixed, also "rollover sensor" light came on. Also fixed. This is my dream truck and wouldn't trade it for the world

Hands Down
By Smokchasr on 01/06/08 13:58 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

One ten-minute test drive in icy conditions will tell you all you need to know about this truck's capabilities. The traction control and handling give the driver the confidence needed to get where you need to go even when faced with the brutal whiteout and drifting condition. Evidenced by a trip through Snoqualmie Pass when it was closed to tractor-trailer traffic. Two in the morning, no plows out, and 6- 8 inches of wet snow having fallen, and 100 feet visibility. My Sierra passed crawling traffic, breaking through lane burms with ease and control. In order for the driver to feel comfortable in those conditions, the truck has to transition between lanes without tipping or sliding.

Fun, but with a Flaw
By Sam on 01/02/08 14:51 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All in all a nice truck. 5.3 with flex fuel helps on the highway, but still not getting the 20-25 i wanted. The Flaw is vibration. THe truck was apparently designed to vibrate and bounce when driving on concrete when driving 40-60 mph. GMC has confirmed this and does not seemed concerned about this major safety issue. The ride on asphalt is wonderful, smooth, not a sound to be heard. The engine responds when needed and the interior leaves little to be desired.

Great Buy
By hadley on 12/30/07 18:25 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this truck now for 4 months and have been very pleased with it. Biggest complaint is the interior. The overall layout looks great (pure truck interior), but the seat material looks to be made from the same material as the headliner in my prev last gen Chevy-it collects lint and your clothes stick to it. The floor under the backseat in the ex-cab isn't flat like the crew-hard to stick two 10" subs under. The gas mileage is lower, but what do expect from a bigger/heavier truck-get 17.5/20.5. However, it is faster than the last 4.8L's I've owned-3rd one now. This has a great ride quality, is super quiet and looks wonderful. Definitely GM's best truck yet.

Falling in Love...with a pickup
By smokchasr on 11/15/07 00:06 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The fuel economy is as advertised. Switching to four-cylinders when cruising has yielded an average of 20- 22 mpg. In Montana, that is huge. We need 4x4 pickups that have this available power, comfort, and improved fuel economy for the obligatory long drives.

Love My Truck
By Pat on 10/31/07 20:52 PM (PDT)

Just bought this truck. Already love it. Nothing like a GMC vehicle and love the Vortec engines. Still have a Bravada with a 178,000 miles on it doesn't use a drop of oil and runs like a champ. This 2007 is comfortable and has a great ride. Just hope it gives the same service my old Blazer and Bravada have given.

Lovin' this truck!
By Grogol on 10/16/07 19:19 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've wanted a pickup for years, but never thought it was practical for me. Then I had a certain birthday and thought I better get one while I can still enjoy it. I did a lot of research and narrowed it down to the Sierra and Toyota Tundra. I thought the Sierra was a better truck overall and was a better value. The quietness and build quality really reflect well on GMC really doing a "Professional Grade" job on this design. I'm lovin' every minute of owning this outstanding vehicle. I'm looking forward to a long hunting trip with my two sons in November and hopefully will bring some deer home in the bed.

Featureful with a few issues
By Kiki on 10/15/07 09:30 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great looking truck on the exterior (except cheap paint is used) with lots of features, but only averaging 16 mpg even on long highway trips. Cheap interior all the way around - upholstery is the worst I have ever experienced in my life - it can't be cleaned with a vacuum and it is falling apart. I feel gypped because previous GM trucks had good upholstery. Carpeting is cheap, Plastic interior is very cheap, hard, and actually discoloring - the truck is only 6 months old! Even with all the problems - I still really like this truck! Strange whirring noises independent of engine, AC, brakes, or tires. I have no idea what fan could be so odd sounding upon starting and while driving.

Remember the V 8-6-4?
By Cadillac on 09/24/07 20:15 PM (PDT)

The GMC Sierra 1500 with the 5.3L or 6.0L engine equipped with Active Fuel Management; has the same problem as the old nightmarish V8-6-4. GM does not have a program that can fix this problem. Don't be fooled! They have done it again. Do yourself a favor and by a 2500 series with the 6.0L without the active fuel management. Just make sure you have enough money for gas.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.