Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Disappointing
By Uneasy

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I previously owned an F150 that had no problems at all. This was my first GM product. When the honeymoon period wore off, it lost its luster. The heater fan quit in the dead of winter, and the transmission needed to be worked on. Both repairs left me with loaner vehicles for a long period of time. Not convienent. I guess my first GM experience hasn't sold on me.

Comfortable seats and smooth V8.

Better quality control. 6 speed auto.

Good truck for everyday life!
By Rosco

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck new in late of 07 and loved the body style. I have owned Chevrolet trucks before and this is my first GMC truck and I love it. Sad to say a woman ran a red light four months ago and took my bumper and grille off it wasnt bad damage just cosmetic. When the woman hit me at 55mph it felt like I hit a pot hole it, I had to make sure I was hit. This truck took a hit and kept on going the body and frame is so strong and well built, I have it back now and I missed it very much. I have the 4.8 engine and was cautious about the engine since my last truck had a 350 and was a powerhouse but the engine has really been great. This truck is my favorite I plan to keep it a long time.

The exterior of the the truck is tough looking and gets alot of head turners, i have added spray in bedliner and soon exhaust is upon the way. the suspension is tough and ruff. I love this truck. The radio is good and the headlights are great.

I have cloth interior, lint does stick so that would be something to think about for future models and improve gas mileage.

Flat spot on crankshaft
By L. Gebhardt

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Gmc decided to fix enginne instead of replacing truck, it had about 2000 miles on it when problem first appeared. It sounded like a vibration coming from exhaughst system, mechanics knew what problem was as soon as they heard it. Flat spot on crankcase. Rebuilt lower end, and gave me a 6 year 90000 mile warranty. BIG DEAL.

BETTER CUSTOMER RELATIONS FROM GMC. The Feild rep. would not even talk to personally.

Better than Expected
By Brad

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The interior is the best I have ever seen in a pickup. The ride is strong and smooth and the steering tight. I have the Z71 2WD so it looks like a 4wd but cost a lot less. I added a K&N airfilter, flowmaster exhaust and a leveling kit to add almost 2 inches of lift to the front end. It looks and sounds great and everyone always tells me how much they like the truck. The bottom line is this is the best all around truck I have ever driven.

The design of the dashboard and interior trim.

6-speed transmission standard with all 5.3L engines and up.

Sweet truck, high price
By sweettruck

I bought the performance package which came with 20" wheels. Great traction on snow, ice, rain and dry pavement. Excellent acceleration. Definitely great fuel economy.

It drives like a Cadillac!

I paid 42,000 The least they could offer is a free spray in bed liner. $475.00. Is that too much to ask for?