2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Should have bought an import!
By luis on 02/25/09 09:49 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck brand new and have been sorry for it. I had it in the shop like 10 times in the first 1.5 years. I would really have to think hard before buying another GM product, even GM customer rep's did very little to help resolve my issues. radio replaced, remotes replaced, one speaker blew out ( now another has blown out ), power steering unit replaced, cross member bar repaired, tie rods replaced, motor mount replaced, body mount replaced, steering shaft serviced, something in steering wheel broke, and rear seat was unstitched when bought!

Excellent Buy
By docknow on 11/17/08 08:49 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My last truck was a 1997 F-150 4wd extended cab and it was the best riding truck that I have ridden in including Chev and GMC and it had 187,000 with NO problems. I purchased thw 2007 1500 Sierra in April 2008 and I could not have made a better decision. This crew cab rides and handles like a sports car, it has the Z71 package which is too firm in some situations but excellent in others. I have recommended this truck to many of my friends who are Ford and Dodge lovers, three have swithed and are very happy.

Sticker mileage statement
By ken smith on 08/18/08 16:29 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

vehicle is rated at 16 in city, 20 on hwy. Expected 15 in city and 18 on hwy. Realistically am getting approx 12.4 city and 16.5 on hwy. Have checked several times. Good, conservative driver aged 77. Driving GMC trucks for 18 years. Best overall truck for quality, performance, and resale.

'07 GMC Sierra Denali AWD
By MikeB on 03/15/08 07:19 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned my '07 Denali for 10 months and 12k miles, and I am still in love with it. I can't find a fault. I've used it as a daily driver, and it's very comfortable and nice to drive. It serves as my hunting rig. I've pulled trailers, and hauled big loads, all with no issues. I've taken it on trips and it cruises great on the open hwy. The truck returns acceptable mileage given it's horsepower - I've averaged about 14.5mpg in mostly city driving. For those who like to tinker, I added a K&N cold air intake and a flowmaster dual exhaust, and while not necessary, these items added immensely to my enjoyment of the vehicle. You really should check out the GMC before buying a new truck.

GMC Outdid Themselves
By Chuck_Yager on 01/30/08 12:31 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck 6 months now and I absolutely love it! My family has owned many GM trucks and this one is by far the best that they have ever produced. The power is excellent and the ride and drive are much better than you would expect to get from a truck. I wish that I would've gone w/ the Vortec Max package and gone w/ the SLE2 trim, but I am extremely happy with it and have no real regrets. I coonhunt and tow a jeep to go rock crawling and this truck is definately more than capable in both situations. It does seem to be alittle spin-happy in certain situations, but great in 4x4. The seats are hard to clean(lint roller). I looked hard at the other brands and they just fell short.

3 Months and 4,500 Miles later...
By blharris77 on 11/14/07 13:38 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I've been very pleased with my 2007 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4X4 5.3 liter. Drives straight and true with a very tight feel. Steering is very responsive, exhaust tone is just aggressive enough but not annoying. With the Z71 suspension the ride is a little rough but that is to be expected. A friend has the handling suspension and his rides much better (but mine looks better!) Only complaint is the transmission seems to hesitate between 1st and 2nd if you've been slowing down (as approaching a stop light) and then attempt to accelerate without coming to a complete stop first (like when the light turns green before you get there). Also noticed the brakes squeal sometimes.

Hot truck
By lonewolf904 on 10/18/07 13:14 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Love this truck. Power, comfort, styling. Have added super chip programmer cold air intake and magna flow muffler. Maybe future mods will be gears and a supercharger

Loyal Customer
By Acme on 10/05/07 06:16 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bravo! GMC has finally done it. What a truck. After owning over 30 GM trucks in the last 25 years I decided in 2001 that my next truck would be a Ford. Thought I would try one. After checking for recalls on the Sierra and the 150 I was very sceptical about the Ford. Drove them both. No contest. Boy trucks have really changed in the last few years. The improvements and appointments of this truck are far to numerous to itemize here. GMC has redefined the term, "Base Truck". This is the first truck I have ever owned that I was 100% pleased with. It is a good value, fair price, great truck. Ford is way behind this truck, Dodge is a joke. Bravo GMC!

A New Era For The Sierra
By Bob Bruggeman on 10/04/07 13:57 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in an '04 Silverado Crew Cab for the new GMC Sierra Crew Cab. I bought the GMC because I don't care much for the front end on the new Silverado. My new Sierra rides better and is very quiet. GM did a great job with the interior layout and instrument panel. The Sierra feels bigger and more solid on the road compared to my last truck. There was a great deal of thought put into the design of this new model. I purchased the SLE package with two add on options; 17 inch aluminum wheels and raised white letter tires. This truck has everything on it that I wanted. The current incentives being offered by GM were also a determining factor in the timing of my purchase.

1st Time GMC Owner
By 1st Time GMC Owner on 09/30/07 06:20 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All of my life I have owned Chevrolets and never considered buying a GMC because of the price difference. I splurged this year and paid the extra cost for the GMC and I now see the difference. The cab is so much quieter, the ride is so much better, and you can definitely see the "Professional Grade" that is advertised! I reccommend this truck to everyone but their is a considerable price increase over the standard Chevy truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.