Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Gmc Sierra-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

high oil consumption ,delay in throttle response and cheaply built parts
By nickb407

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

6.0 litre vortex max...i love the looks of it and it really is a hard working truck. at 2 years of age i was using aprox 1 1/2 quarts of oil between changes. at three to four years old. i couldnt make it a full oil change before getting a low oil light ( about 3 quarts low). no leaks, just burning it. also its a huge truck with little leg room for me. and a sometimes very scary delay in throttle response. when hitting the gas to cross a busy street and it doesnt move for a full second seems like an hour!! and very cheaply made parts.... a stabilizer link made from plastic!! really?! how ridiculous

Favorite Features

my favorite feature was the heated windshield washer fluid till they recalled it and disconnected it. i will never purchase another gm product, and ashamed to say but probably never an american made vehicle again.

Suggested Improvements

use better made parts and fix the oil consumption problem. $50k should have zero ploblems!!

Third Sierra and have loved them all!
By jmacs97gmc

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've have my current Sierra since April, 2007 and the best decision I made was not buying the extended warranty. I've had no problems whatsoever (knock on wood). I've read several of the reviews about the issue of oil consumption which I have not experienced, but will pay a little more attention to the issue. I will say, I don't use the oil monitor. I still change my oil about every 3000 to 3500 miles. Old habits and old men are hard to change. Bottom line is although I like the looks of the new Fords and love the interior storage of the Dodge pickups, nothing will get me to walk away from my GMC.

Favorite Features

Ride; tightness; dependability

Suggested Improvements

More interior storage (get a little more creative); figure out a way to give me back my heated washer fluid.

Good truck if you are OK with the MPG
By tr709

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I originally wasn't interested in the Denali, but I stumbled upon a killer lease deal ($399 mo), so I went for it. My only complaint with the build quality was with the exterior door handles in which both fronts came loose. I'm currently getting 15.5 mpg in 80% highway driving and with my recent move and longer commute, I'm paying for it. You will need to rotate the tires on schedule as the fronts will wear by 25k if you don't, But that is common with most trucks. Overall I have been satisfied with my truck and the reliability has been very good, routine maint, tires and 1 headlight bulb have been it. I now have 38k miles on it.

Favorite Features

power, AWD, comfort, XM & sunroof

Suggested Improvements

exterior door handles

No regrets
By Don

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I was shopping for a Ford F150 and was determined to get the best. I was frustrated that I could not get factory remote start, DVD or a motor that impressed me. Just by chance I decided to check out the Denali. It had everything I wanted, NAV, DVD, Sunroof, heated steering wheel/seats and best of all a motor with more power than I ever imagined. This thing is a beast and sexy as ever. I turn more heads with this truck than I did with my Mustang Cobra. It's a combination of looks(black with chrome everywhere) and sound (the 6.2 L sounds like a 60's muscle car) Everytime I start the truck it puts a smile on my face. The black leather and stitching is perfect. Manual shift is awesome.

Favorite Features

Awesome power, AWD, big 20" polished alum rims, chrome everywhere, heated steering wheel, and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Wish that it had backup camera for this model year, but can always add one later with aftermarket. No other complaints.

Great Truck
By Frank

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been a Ford truck owner and Ford mechanic for several years, and I found the GMC Sierra Z71 SLT 4-door truck an excellent ride, with impecable styling and lines. When you drive any 4x4, you would expect a rough ride, but not with the Sierra. This truck rides like a luxury car, and the SLT package has all of the bells and whistles. I have remote start, DVD with BOSE speakers, full power everything, wood grain dash, ABS, heated washer fluid, rain sense wipers, power pedals, 2 person seat memory, all leather interior, and much much more that other trucks clearly do not even offer as options.

Favorite Features

All of the luxury items, remote start with auto temperature on/off, ride, styling, roominess, and stealth gray paint.

Suggested Improvements

Get "universal" Homelink garage door system to work without buying an additional relay to make it work, and check into the oil consumption issues on the 5.3 liter V8. I am reading from others online that they are consuming between 1-2 quarts of oil between oil changes, and GM knows it.