2007 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
high oil consumption ,delay in throttle response and cheaply built parts
By nickb407 on 04/21/12 19:22 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

6.0 litre vortex max...i love the looks of it and it really is a hard working truck. at 2 years of age i was using aprox 1 1/2 quarts of oil between changes. at three to four years old. i couldnt make it a full oil change before getting a low oil light ( about 3 quarts low). no leaks, just burning it. also its a huge truck with little leg room for me. and a sometimes very scary delay in throttle response. when hitting the gas to cross a busy street and it doesnt move for a full second seems like an hour!! and very cheaply made parts.... a stabilizer link made from plastic!! really?! how ridiculous

Third Sierra and have loved them all!
By jmacs97gmc on 03/16/11 16:58 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've have my current Sierra since April, 2007 and the best decision I made was not buying the extended warranty. I've had no problems whatsoever (knock on wood). I've read several of the reviews about the issue of oil consumption which I have not experienced, but will pay a little more attention to the issue. I will say, I don't use the oil monitor. I still change my oil about every 3000 to 3500 miles. Old habits and old men are hard to change. Bottom line is although I like the looks of the new Fords and love the interior storage of the Dodge pickups, nothing will get me to walk away from my GMC.

Good truck if you are OK with the MPG
By tr709 on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I originally wasn't interested in the Denali, but I stumbled upon a killer lease deal ($399 mo), so I went for it. My only complaint with the build quality was with the exterior door handles in which both fronts came loose. I'm currently getting 15.5 mpg in 80% highway driving and with my recent move and longer commute, I'm paying for it. You will need to rotate the tires on schedule as the fronts will wear by 25k if you don't, But that is common with most trucks. Overall I have been satisfied with my truck and the reliability has been very good, routine maint, tires and 1 headlight bulb have been it. I now have 38k miles on it.

No regrets
By Don on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I was shopping for a Ford F150 and was determined to get the best. I was frustrated that I could not get factory remote start, DVD or a motor that impressed me. Just by chance I decided to check out the Denali. It had everything I wanted, NAV, DVD, Sunroof, heated steering wheel/seats and best of all a motor with more power than I ever imagined. This thing is a beast and sexy as ever. I turn more heads with this truck than I did with my Mustang Cobra. It's a combination of looks(black with chrome everywhere) and sound (the 6.2 L sounds like a 60's muscle car) Everytime I start the truck it puts a smile on my face. The black leather and stitching is perfect. Manual shift is awesome.

Great Truck
By Frank on 08/24/10 19:32 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been a Ford truck owner and Ford mechanic for several years, and I found the GMC Sierra Z71 SLT 4-door truck an excellent ride, with impecable styling and lines. When you drive any 4x4, you would expect a rough ride, but not with the Sierra. This truck rides like a luxury car, and the SLT package has all of the bells and whistles. I have remote start, DVD with BOSE speakers, full power everything, wood grain dash, ABS, heated washer fluid, rain sense wipers, power pedals, 2 person seat memory, all leather interior, and much much more that other trucks clearly do not even offer as options.

Oil Consumption
By Frank on 08/24/10 18:09 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The new body style GMC Sierra with a 5.3 liter V8 has some oil consumption issues. My truck purchased new with only 30 miles on it, now with 26,000 miles on it and 3 years later, burns 1 quart of oil between oil changes. I suspect that the all aluminum block design probably has some oil ring clearance problems since I do not have any external leaks yet. Although there is no blue smoke coming out that can be seen, does'nt mean that it is not being burned. GM should do better here for a $46,000 truck. I am sure that the Suburbans and Tahoe owners are experiencing these same issues with the oil and 5.3 liter V8. I won't be buying GM again. Switching back to Ford.

3 years after
By GMC owner on 07/31/10 06:19 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my GMC about 3 years ago. Loved the styling thinking it was the best full0sized truck out there. I've driven it daily since buying it. A few paint scrapes and had to replace both the front and rear brakes (just replaced the rear brakes myself today). As well as one headlight. All in all it really was how GM marketed it a long-lasting dependable truck. I've driven it from California to Virginia by way of Canada and Texas (towing a Volvo on a car trailer). I currently drive it in Germany. It has never not been a reliable truck. only complaint is that the 6.0 liter eats gas, and is not as good as GM says it is on fuel economy. A great truck for the money

Oil consumption
By Shawn on 07/29/10 16:55 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the truck but Very disappointed with OIL CONSUMPTION I'm burning about 2 quarts every 3000 miles. and its not like i abuse the truck I've changed the oil every 4000 miles and use synthetic oil. I spoke with a gmc dealer today and he says they know of the problem but gmc has done nothing to respond to the problem as a former dodge and ford owner I hope GM does something to fix the problem. Or i guess I will be looking for a new truck and GMC will not be a option. truck has the 5.3 V8 and 33,000 miles on it to date

Bad News for GMC
By dave on 05/31/10 20:18 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

5.3 motor burns oil as in 4qt. in 2000 miles and dealer didn't do nothing. Had a 2004 GMC with lots of issues of its own,any thing from the tailgate falling down at random to to the windshield leaking from day two i could go on and on with this pickup at 21,000 miles and the front axle went out for the second time I traded it off on the 2007. 11,000 miles to the day i got rid of it it was on an oil consumption(spelling) test. when you pay the money that you do for a car/truck I don't feel you need headaches like this. This was and will be the last gm for a long time

Almost 100% happy, Customers come first.
By mike on 05/17/10 22:01 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Looked for the right truck, was going to buy new or used, but had to be the right one. Looked at all makes and then i was in a Dodge dealer looking at new dodges and there was the truck that had allmost every thing i wanted and it was used. There are only 2 things i think GM needs to work on, 1 Fuel economy they can make trucks with great fuel economy, i get 580km on a tank, i think it should get at lest 800km in the city, my 92 chevy diesel gets 650km in the city. 2 i hate the hesitation when stepping on the gas to pass, come on GM you can put toyota and all the rest in the dust if you really wanted to. Why do you think people by foreign?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.