2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
2005 GMC
By w. conlee on 04/05/06 11:37 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Gas mileage is very good, truck is very comfortable to drive. I have very positive comments from others about the overall appearance. The heated mirrors are very helpful.

Great Truck
By P.S. - Texas on 04/04/06 15:59 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck on a whim and it has been the best thing I have ever done. The truck is fantastic, it meets all my expectations and more. It is an absolute pleasure to drive around town or on long trips. I would certainly continue to by GMC in the future.

First GMC Truck
By Dr. Joseph White on 03/21/06 16:21 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

1st GMC truck that I have ever owned. I have always been a FORD man until two weeks ago. This GMC leaves all the FORD trucks I have ever owned in the dust. I love everything about my new GMC truck, especially the ride and POWERRRRRR. This truck is like riding in a luxury car with a sports car engine.

Great Truck!!
By Mike C. on 03/17/06 02:43 AM (PST)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 1st GMC Truck. I test drove a Dodge, Ford, and Silverado. This truck runs excellent. Ride's nice, Lots of room and it is fun to drive. Towing is exceptional, I have hauled 1/2 ton of sand with no problem. Gas mileage is good for as heavy as the vehicle is. Clear view of all vehicle traffic while driving on to all intersections and from yield signs.

Joy to own, my first GMC truck
By JosefM on 02/01/06 08:57 AM (PST)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned this truck for only a month, but it is a welcome surprise. Power and ride is far better than expected. Gas mileage is better than most, in this vehicle class. Towing and hauling is impressive. I've carried a couple loads of wood through rough terrain (4Low works well) with ease! Would recommend to anyone wanting a powerful and functional truck to buy one today.

Best truck yet
By WJ on 01/08/06 17:18 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SL1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I don't need a lot of whistles and bells in a truck. What I need is reliability and function, fuel economy was a surprise (19.7 average) city/highway!! It's a great solid reliable truck, the best I've owned. Before this my Toyota Tundra was tops, and it's a great truck, just not a solid as my GMC.

New Year New Truck/Great Truck Great Yr
By Darkcloud on 01/07/06 23:37 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I picked up this truck on New Years Day. Have already driven over 250 miles. Power heated leather seats are very comfortable. Interior is luxjurious and instruments and gauges are well positioned, very readible for day and well illuminated for night driving. XM Satellite radio with Bose sound system is incredible comnbination that gives exceptional listening experience. Beautiful and functional interior styling. 4X4 has great handling on highway and very nimble in city traffic. Wind noise is almost imperceptable when driving at highway speeds. Park feature of power exterior passenger mirror makes parallel parking a full size truck as easy as parking an automobile. This is a well build truck.

Best truck I've ever owned
By rick spriggs on 08/09/05 16:39 PM (PDT)

It has 4 wheel steering and it is great when im towing my trailers or I need to park in a tight spot. The truck has all the power I need and it gets about 18-19 mpg, 16 mpg when towing. The seats are like sitting in a lazyboy, very comfortable. I love my truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.