2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Sweet Deal
By Douglas on 07/20/06 19:03 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned Chevy, Ford, and Dodge and I will stick with GM trucks. this new GMC is great all the way around, nice ride, great power for pulling my bass boat, so much room, and very well put together interior.

I love my truck!
By NathanTexas on 07/20/06 18:51 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck because my '06 Silverado would not pull my boat (4.8L). This truck is great, lots of power, great fuel mileage, and a ride like a Cadillac.

Lee's Review
By Lee's GMC on 07/06/06 20:40 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Replaced a 2006 Ridgeline for towing. Not much to say but excellent! While ride is not as good as Ridgeline, it has more room, power, and beauty. [Beauty is in the eye of the beholder]The leather interior is excellent and comfortable.

Wonderful truck
By ericfromhouston on 06/06/06 05:26 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been great. The room is fantastic and the ride is a dream. My wife loves the way she can drive this truck and not feel intimidated. I love the power and the feel of the way the truck handles in all situations. GMC has defined the term "Texas - Cadillac."

Very Nice Truck
By gkway on 05/18/06 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SL2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck after testing every full size on the market. I liked the F- 150 but nobody was willing to be half way reasonable. Toyota thinks to highly of the Tundra, and Dodge is a major gas hog. I am already getting over 17 mpg in the city and 21 mpg on the highway, and that is with less than 2000 miles on it! The seats are very comfortable on long trips, and everything seems to be well laid out. Their is so little road noise it is incredible! I really like this truck!

VERY GOOD TRUCK
By BRIAN on 03/17/06 12:11 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Enjoy the GMC truck very much. Rides great and can see out very good. My wife loves the truck and the way it handles. Comfort is first class, and the crew cab is wonderful. Our god children enjoy the crew cab very much. No problems so far. Anyone looking for a crew cab truck so look at the GMC.

Proud GMC Owner
By Mike on 03/07/06 13:34 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I started out with a Chevy 89 Silverado of which I still have. It now has 372,000 miles on it and it still has the original motor. I have never made any repairs on the motor. The valve cover has never even been off of the head. I've had several trucks since then. My most recent truck was a 2002 Chevy LT. It had 150,000 miles on it when I traded it. It had never been in the shop except for oil changes and 1 brake job. I'm now driving a GMC SLT. I would be crazy to drive anything but a GMC product.

My First GMC Truck
By roadturtle on 11/27/05 16:58 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned Toyota, Nissan, Chevrolet, and Ford trucks. I chose this GMC truck because I could reach into the bed without having to climb into the truck bed as you have to on Fords. I wanted the full four doors, a small, but powerful V-8 5.3 L. It get equal gas mileage to a Nissan Frontier yet I get a real full size truck for the same price. The seats are very comfortable. I can get into the cab of the truck without stepping onto steps, or hitting my head because the door opening is small as on the Toyotas. It turns sharp, rides nice, handles well, and it came with dual climate zones. My wife loves that. It's the little things that also count such as, fuel filler on drivers side, fog lamps

Nice Rig
By Robo M. on 11/02/05 14:27 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Truck is very smooth. My wife has never driven one of my trucks by choice, but she wants to drive this one.I have owned Ford, Dodge. This is my first Z-71 Sierra. All the toys included except for a universal garage door opener. The engine is powerful and fast. Smooth acceleration fools you as to you actual speed. The MPG is approximately 3 miles per gallon more than my 2001 dodge truck. I live in hilly areas and the 4X4 truck averages 15 MPG. With 2 growing boys the Crew Cab gives them more than enough room in the back seat, grown adults no longer mind riding in the back seat of my truck. This is a can't miss vehicle! If you are looking for a new truck test drive this one!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.