2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Review: Mostly Happy

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Review

SLE Extended Cab Pickup (4.8L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Mostly Happy
By RMcGee on

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

As soon as I saw this vehicle I loved it. Victory Red w/ GMC 20" wheels. I am on my 3rd year and just under 36k miles. I have pulled my 22' boat to the Ozarks which is around 300 miles each way through some hilly country. The truck shifts down a lot to keep up the RPM's. The interior seems a little on the cheap side & reminds me of some Mattel toys I had as a kid. I did have the intermediate shaft in the steering fixed at 25k miles. Now that my warranty is up my check engine light is on and I guess the vaccum canister needs replaced which is $500(for plastic). Overall I love the truck and use it for everything from towing to hauling. I just wish the standard warranty was 100k.

Dual climate control. Digital readout info on the radio tells the artist and the song name. Good fuel economy and a smooth ride for a 4WD.

Longer std. warranty. Higher quality interior pieces. Better painting process on plastic parts. The paint on the plastic below the chrome on my front bumper is pealing off bad. Heard from a ex-GM body man this is common.