Good truck!!
By steve b on
2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
I bought this truck after driving the Ford, Dodge and Chevy. I had a trade and the dealer offered me the best deal. The P rated tires that came standard with the Z-71 package were junk, so I spent a few more bucks and got the same size 17" BFG's. That dropped the mileage from 22-23-to 18-20 depending on speed but the reliability is much better. The auto transmission does seem weird at times but the all aluminum block V8 with the higher H/P is just fantastic.Overall the trans is good. I tow a light weight camp trailer and I forget it's behind me. No problems so far. 12,000 miles through all kinds of weather. For the money, best truck I ever owned and I have had a few. Good looking truck..
Favorite Features
Steering wheel controls for the XM radio Heated mirrors and r.window. Seats are very comfortable..interior lighting Towing package.. Standard 2 tone paint and wheel flares, 17" Aluminum wheels are a nice touch. Standard fog lamps, power dr. seat and decent leather/cloth upholstery are good.
Suggested Improvements
Better tires with the off-road package..Bigger and better constructed console with the bench seat. Better F&R floor mats. Bigger glove box. Remote starter would be great..XM antenna on the roof of the truck is very ugly..seems like that could be better designed. Paint quality could be improved.