2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Review: GMC trucks

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Review

SLT Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.7 ft. Bed)

GMC trucks
By Randy on

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned lots of heavy duty GMC trucks with gas engines (5.7liter and now 5.3liter) for many years for myself and for my business. We very seldom have had any major breakdowns with these vehicles other than wearing them out after several hundred thousand miles have been first put on the trucks. Many times we just overhaul the truck and put it back in service. They have always been very reliable vehicles for our business and personal use. We recently purchased 3 light duty Canyon trucks with the 5 cylinder engines and so far with over 100,000 accumulated miles they have also been trouble free and are also providing great gas mileage!

I was finally glad to see the crew cab truck with the 1/2 ton chassis. This truck has good performance with great fuel economy and lots of room for adults in the back seat. I routinely obtain 19-20 MPG on the freeways.

Some nice wood accents would be a welcomed improvement in the interior without having to upgrade to a Denali priced vehicle. SLE interior seats in my opinion are more comfortable than the more expensive SLT seats. To bad they took away the power passenger seat in the standard SLE interior!