Didn't Like The Bowtie
By Ken on
2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLE Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
As a dyed in the wool "Bowtie" guy, it was tough to buy another type of vehicle. However, I can't stand the front end on the Chevy, so I went with the GMC. After 3K miles, I've come to enjoy the truck quite a bit, but would like to see a few mods. Most are listed below, but I ran outta' room for one - when negotiating a slight turn at fwy. speeds, any moderate imperfection in the road surface will cause momentary instability. This seems to be in the rack & pinion equipped models only, as my '02 Suburban with conventional steering seems significantly smoother over the same road surface. Overall though, I'm really happy with the truck.
Favorite Features
The 5.3L engine is the best feature going away! The seats are very comfortable. Most controls are easy to get to and operate. Visibility is good. XM radio and the Bose package are great. HVAC works great and fast.
Suggested Improvements
Go back to 4 wheel disc brakes!! The mirrors STILL stink. I have an '02 Suburban with the same useless variety. Folding seat for ext. cab models. A "real" chrome wheel would be nice...the glorifed version that GM equips these vehicles with is a joke.