Crew cab 4X4
By Wesley Willits on
2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I love the truck, but I have had it in the shop many times within the first couple months of owning it. I had to replace the radio, because it kept shutting off. I had to replace the shift cable, because the transmition was slipping. There have also been problems with the front passenger shock, dash, and bed squeeking. Along with wind noise from the front windshield. I have also noticed less fuel economy than my previous 5.3 from 17mpg to 15mpg, and a loss in low-mid range power (not towing).
Favorite Features
How can you not love the options, XM, Bose stereo with 6-disk changer, heated seats, OnStar, comfortable ride, and plenty of room for people and cargo, with better towing and high end power, all wraped up in the best looking interior (not cheap looking)/exterior(classy) package.
Suggested Improvements
I may have got a lemon but GMC should make sure these proplems don't occur with a new truck. I bought two at the same time and both have had malfunctions. I have seriously looked at purchasing Nissan, Ford, or Dodge because of this experience.