2005 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
black beauty
By crabpicker on 01/01/05 20:57 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

excelent sound system,quiet,plenty of power. some wind noise at high speed

GMC 1500
By Sammer Sulieman on 12/28/04 22:50 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Good trucks with everything you need for everyday use and work.

first time truck buyer
By bill t on 12/20/04 15:55 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i recently traded in a 2003 cadillac, for the new 2005 gmc sierra, and what a vehicle. It rides better than than the cadillac, and is usefull, for more things, (obviously). what a great truck, gas mileage is okay, what do you expect for a v8. i would suggest anyone to buy a gmc, what a great vehicle.

Its a good one
By ibuyalot on 12/19/04 08:35 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like the performance that it offers.This one is quieter than my 02 was and very much improved fit and finish on the interior.What I greatly dislike is the color choices especially for the interior.!!!!

Nice Ride
By Truck on 12/11/04 14:13 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I considered the Tundra and new F150 and am very happy with my choice. It is powerful enough to easily pull my 20' powerboat and the ride is like a big, roomy luxury car. I like that I can select the automatic 4WD mode and forget about it on dry pavement without hurting anything. Unlike on the Tundra, the back seat of my extended cab version is actually usable for adults.

My 5th and last GMC
By yellowdog on 11/14/04 15:00 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Air conditioner took three dealer visits to repair. Drive train problems have been present in this truck since the first 700 miles. Lack of towing power and loud whining noise has been present when towing a small boat. And to top it all off, the service manager at the dealership refuses to give me a necessary third visit so I can file a Lemon Law complaint. I have had 5 full size GMC(all from the same dealer) and this one will be my last.

The Truck
By MARK GUERNSEY on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is our third GMC extended cab z71 we had a 99 a 02 now a 04 which we see a improvements such as the duel climate control, the bose sound system with the xm radio is fantastic, the 02 pickup's speakers blew out with in a year.. much higher quality sound's.. the previous two pick up's with in a year the rear windows leaked air. making riding almost unbearable... which would be my two main complaints. which the 04 appears to be a much better truck. I won't go with the extended cabl on my next one i will go with the four door. but love the GMC product line, and will keep buying the yukons, and pickups. Mark G. of Niles Michigan