2005 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
One Sweet truck !
By Patrick Carney on 07/19/05 23:33 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. I use this as an all around truck, and it is perfect for a medium weight trailer. I towed a Kubota back hoe, front end loader on a heavy duty twin axle rental trailer, and you could feel the weight kick you around. My buddy owns the same truck, and he installed air bags in the rear suspension and it greatly improved the trailer handling. Most of my driving is city mileage and short trips. Mileage is 14.2mpg for cit driving. On a long trip, with no added weight, I averaged 23.5 to 24 Mpg at 70 mph. I wasn't really impressed with its take off or low end torque, but I have to say that unloaded its power is deceiving. It's so smooth in its power delivery, but watch the speedo rocket .

Denali Hauls!
By Black Magic on 07/18/05 01:13 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Crew Cab Denali AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven about 2200 miles in the first month. Half of the miles are towing a 5,500 lb. ski/wakeboard boat. This truck is incredible for towing. The AWD never spins on the ramp or backing up my 13% driveway with the boat. Loaded, the ride is excellent. Unloaded, it is a little choppy compared to my previous Yukon Denali XL. But, hey it's a truck. Mileage is better than my '01 DXL at 14mpg average. Again, it's a 345HP truck, it's for hauling. Great truck. Unloaded, this thing is fast for a truck and fun to drive. No problems so far.

'05 Denali
By Mike on 07/12/05 22:50 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Crew Cab Denali AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several GM trucks and one Ford - this is definitely the best I've owned. The acceleration is very good, the truck handles well, transmission shifts are smooth, and it is very quiet and comfortable for a pickup. Pulls a 6,000# boat like a dream. My only minor complaint is a slightly mushy brake pedal feel. It seems that you have to apply more pressure than on other trucks I've driven. Overall, a very nice truck, and with the current GM offer, a good value in my opinion.

Outstanding value
By civman on 07/10/05 17:49 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is incredible! It has to be the best value on the market considering its peformance vs. price. I bought it for my wife, and she loves it! Fantastic product, great price, super service at the dealership! You need to drive this truck, then go buy one.

My Truck
By jjdward on 07/03/05 03:40 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my GMC. It has plenty of room, power, and comfort. I love the 5300 rumble when you get on it, but I learned quickly not to get on it to much, gas is not cheap. To be a full size truck with this power, the gas mileage is good.

This is a solid truck!
By Nate on 06/28/05 12:51 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is at the top of its class. The seats and interior are the most comfortable and roomy for any truck I've been in. It's a solid built truck. It was put together right. It is dependable, and has plenty of power to get me where I need to go, not to mention a few thousand pounds of whatever I want to haul.

Best truck I ever owned is a GM brand.
By AJ's on 06/19/05 19:50 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the way the truck handles, and the way it has such good pick up when you are out on the road. You kick it in, and it will rock. The sound system is great. I love cruising down the road, rocking to whatever I choose. It is just a great machine to drive. I truly do love this GMC truck.

My GMC Truck
By Don Sharlow on 05/27/05 13:57 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My GMC truck is very reliable. The body integrity, motor and drive train have given me nothing but good service. I drive it to work every day, which is about 120 mile round trip, and find it comfortable and safe to handle and control in heavy traffic. Too bad you don't have one too.

Great Ride
By Jerry on 05/18/05 16:27 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLE Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Mine is a two door sportside with the small V8. The truck handles great, and corners like a sports car. It's a fun vehicle to drive. I have a black truck with a tan interior and I had to go to Arkansas from Texas to get that combination. There were only three in the country that had the combination I wanted. If you are looking for a good looking and fun truck, look at the GMC Sierra.

Crew cab 4X4
By Wesley Willits on 05/07/05 18:31 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the truck, but I have had it in the shop many times within the first couple months of owning it. I had to replace the radio, because it kept shutting off. I had to replace the shift cable, because the transmition was slipping. There have also been problems with the front passenger shock, dash, and bed squeeking. Along with wind noise from the front windshield. I have also noticed less fuel economy than my previous 5.3 from 17mpg to 15mpg, and a loss in low-mid range power (not towing).