Used 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Gmc Sierra-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Bad experience
By Frank Leslie

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Intermediate steering shaft made noises, steering rack had to be replaced. A/C will not work on inside air setting. Other than this, the vehicle is pretty good.

Favorite Features

OnStar. Computer that tells you miles per gallon.

Suggested Improvements

Make the items I noted in the review not need repairs so soon. I have spoken to others with the same truck and they have the same problems.

Great Truck.
By Golf26guy`

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very comfortable truck. I'm a sales manager and I drive over 45k miles a year. Seats are great, good gas mileage for a fullsize V 8 truck. I recently made a trip from Atlanta to Houston pulling a small trailer with a 4 wheeler in it, did not meet my expectations for pulling, keeps downshifting.

Favorite Features

XM radio, Bose, comfort of seats.

Suggested Improvements

Does not pull very well.

Love my truck
By Wingman

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I switched from a Ford F150 to my GMC, and I love the GMC. I do wish the bed was longer.

Favorite Features

Capatains chairs, Satellite radio, OnStar, rear seat radio controls, and fold down rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Make the bed longer.

If it onlly could turn better!!
By Rich M

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is as comfortable as any car I have owned. It has decent gas mileage and enough power for most needs (5.3L).

Favorite Features

Back & seat warmer. Great for the winter or a sore back.

Suggested Improvements

The only problem is the turning radius. Could be a lot tighter than it is. Need to be competitive with Ford & Dodge on this.

Happy so far
By Tom is Happy

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck so far.. 7 months old no problems yet. Added an ARE cap over bed and love it, got the Suburban look minus the $15,000 difference in price. Fits the car seats easily and the adults even easier. Haven't done a long trip yet but Summer is aproaching and a looking forward to the drive. (Even if the gas costs $4.00 per gal.) Wish I could get better gas mileage but it's a full size truck not a Honda CRV, which is easy to remember when I load it to the hilt , shopping or constructing, get it all in. Only things added was remote starter and sliding rear window (vital) which were negotiated during sale.

Favorite Features

Got a base model crew with tow package. This was a rare find, didn't need all the bells and whistles. Big difference in price from the rigs with stuff I don't need. Can always add stuff through after market, e-bay great source for that. Fog lights at dealer $400, e-bay do it yourself in 2 hours $150

Suggested Improvements

Back seat has elevated road noise levels, not sure if this is due to the cap, can't remember how it was before.