Used 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Best vehicle I have ever owned!
By Jeff

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Crew Cab Denali AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this truck used and it looks like it just rolled off the factory line. I have owned 2 F-150s and 04 Dodge Ram Quad cab. This by far blows them away. I traded a BMW 525i for it and I actually enjoyed the ride home better. My kids love the factory RSE DVD player and the room in the backseat compared to the other trucks I have owned. I love the driver's seat with the 4 point lumbar support, dual heated and powered front seats and very soft leather front and back. I have always jumped from vehicle to vehicle but I think I have found what I was looking for - a vehicle that has all the comforts of a sports car and the convenience of a pick-up truck.

Front seat - leather, lumbar and heated, power mirrors (fold in and out), roomy back seat and rear seat DVD player. Drives like a car, looks like a truck.

Turning radius is a little wide compared to other trucks. Suspension is a little bouncy and not tight. Gas mileage but it is a used truck.

I wish I bought a Dodge
By joe

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Was a decent truck when I bought it. But it wouldn't tow worth a dang, piston slap, horrible trans, creaks, squeaks, parts breaking, clunking from steering shaft, burnout lights, sound system, tires, brakes, and so much more wrong with it. My 2nd gm and last. I'm buying a Dodge.

Umm good question

Let someone else build it. make Z71 a real off road package. Solid front axle. Everything needs work.

2005 hd review
By Roger

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck, has served well in snowy to over 100 temps. Have hauled trailers and 10000 pounds of hay with no problems, using t/h switch is very good as it lowers tranny temp. 53 k miles with 0 problems. avergage mileage is 13.2. Not bad for a 9600 GVW rating with 410 axle. Hauls 3000 pounds of block in bed with no problems.

Like the thermometer, heated seats, and comforts. Towing switch

Put more aggresive tires from factory. Tires it came with were more for highway, put and open shoulder tire to clean out mud and snow better. Other than that been a great truck.

Awesome truck
By zeek

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Plenty of power from the v6 and great mileage too. With the 5-speed manual I get an average of 25mpg on the highway and 20 in the city. Not bad for a full sized truck.

Color

None

GMC, you can and must do better
By dg

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been driving this truck for almost 2 years, so I know all of its little nuances. Unfortunately, I am not impressed. I have had many GM vehicles and this has been one of the worst. Warranty issues include: new radiator, new brake rotors, power seat motor, tranny problems, etc. I can only attribute this stuff to the fact that GM is rabidly seeking the cheapest suppliers on the globe, which has to hurt quality. I must admit that I use my truck heavily, but what good is a pickup truck that can't handle a little beating? Considering the msrp on this thing was around $39000, GMC must do better with its 2007 model. If not, Tundra and Titan will have Sierra for lunch!

Good suspension and 4wd

Overall build and materials quality is not up to industry standards.