2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
'05 Denali
By Mike on 07/12/05 22:50 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Denali AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several GM trucks and one Ford - this is definitely the best I've owned. The acceleration is very good, the truck handles well, transmission shifts are smooth, and it is very quiet and comfortable for a pickup. Pulls a 6,000# boat like a dream. My only minor complaint is a slightly mushy brake pedal feel. It seems that you have to apply more pressure than on other trucks I've driven. Overall, a very nice truck, and with the current GM offer, a good value in my opinion.

GMC trucks
By Randy on 04/24/05 12:57 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned lots of heavy duty GMC trucks with gas engines (5.7liter and now 5.3liter) for many years for myself and for my business. We very seldom have had any major breakdowns with these vehicles other than wearing them out after several hundred thousand miles have been first put on the trucks. Many times we just overhaul the truck and put it back in service. They have always been very reliable vehicles for our business and personal use. We recently purchased 3 light duty Canyon trucks with the 5 cylinder engines and so far with over 100,000 accumulated miles they have also been trouble free and are also providing great gas mileage!

2005 GMC crewcab
By Bill's 2005 on 03/22/05 19:25 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I consider the truck an outstanding buy with the rebates and other incentives that were offered. This is my 4th GM truck and it is the best one yet. The gas mileage is great for a truck of this size. It averages over 18 mpg in my daily driving, and 21 on the road.

2005 Sierra Denali
By Dave034 on 03/18/05 16:37 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Denali AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The power and acceleration are unbelievable. Handling is very good for a pickup. I only have 1000 miles on it so far, but very satisfied overall. I previously had an '01 Tahoe with the 5.3 engine, and the Sierra Denali with the 6.0 is getting slightly better mileage (if I keep a light foot on the gas). For some reason I could never average better than 13.5 with the Tahoe around town, and am getting just under 14 with the Sierra. I think the ethanol fuels around here are partly to blame for lower mileage. The tonneau cover that came with the truck is OK, but I think an Access brand cover would be better - easier to roll up than the GMC model. The all wheel drive is very smooth.

GMC Sierra
By Jerry Wright on 03/05/05 11:48 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 1st crew cab, I've owned quite a few extended cabs in both GMC and Chevy. I believe this truck is the best handling of all the trucks I've owned. This has a 5.3 V-8 which is what I needed to pull my boat. It is a SLE model which has cloth seats, which I like better than leather. The seating is very nice and comfortable for large people and small alike. I would highly recommend this truck.

Bill's 05 by Bill B
By Bill's 05 by Bill B on 02/15/05 16:41 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Truck was selected over the F150 feel the GMC was a better buy. Took it on an 800 mile trip and averaged 20 miles a gallon. Has plenty of power available when needed.

GMC Sierra Crew Cab
By Brad on 02/08/05 17:48 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Responsive, strong, quiet, and comfortable ride. Excellent fit and finish. Pleasure to drive:-)

Velvet glove, Iron Fist
By Ray on 02/03/05 01:45 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is the ultimate Great American Vehicle, a fast, powerful and exquisitely beautiful truck. I grew up in the seventies, and loved cars. This truck is quicker than Vettes of that era, with a ride equal to that of luxury cars of today. With its Z-71 suspension system this monsterous beast can cut around corners like a sports car, not bad for being able to tow 4 Mazda Miatas down the road without breaking a sweat. Gas mileage can stink, but this truck also comes with a sophisticated Driver Information System, one of its abilites is giving instantaneous fuel mileage. Steady 60 MPH kicks back 24.9 mph. That is phenomenal! Gunning the rumbling 5.3 motor is addicting however! I LOVE IT!

Gmc crew cab
By Bill on 01/12/05 21:17 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Mileage has been above what I expected for a vehicle of this size. Very comfortable on the road. Handles very well on trips and the 5300 has plenty of reserve power

My 5th and last GMC
By yellowdog on 11/14/04 15:00 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Air conditioner took three dealer visits to repair. Drive train problems have been present in this truck since the first 700 miles. Lack of towing power and loud whining noise has been present when towing a small boat. And to top it all off, the service manager at the dealership refuses to give me a necessary third visit so I can file a Lemon Law complaint. I have had 5 full size GMC(all from the same dealer) and this one will be my last.