2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Lovin every minute of it
By gmctech on 01/18/06 23:00 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Love this rig. I am a GM technician and have a great love for the GM trucks. Love the style and the right amount of chrome. Never let me down yet. I live in the maritimes in Canada and love the flawless 4wd system and my truck auto 4wd mode. Fuel mileage is OK, but could be better. Very quiet ride but could use some better quality to rectify the little body creaks, rattles, and squeaks.

Great, but in need of some perf options
By David on 01/08/06 00:38 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Highest quality of any GM pickup I've ever owned ('74, '87, '89, '92). Not a rattle/buzz anywhere. HO 5.3L runs better than the 454 in that '74 shortbed 2wd, though I've had the PCM custom tuned and running 4.10 gears. I also changed the OEM alloys with 265/70's for 20x9.5" & 305/50 Avons. Handling astonishingly improved and quieter!

Good truck!!
By steve b on 12/19/05 00:31 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck after driving the Ford, Dodge and Chevy. I had a trade and the dealer offered me the best deal. The P rated tires that came standard with the Z-71 package were junk, so I spent a few more bucks and got the same size 17" BFG's. That dropped the mileage from 22-23-to 18-20 depending on speed but the reliability is much better. The auto transmission does seem weird at times but the all aluminum block V8 with the higher H/P is just fantastic.Overall the trans is good. I tow a light weight camp trailer and I forget it's behind me. No problems so far. 12,000 miles through all kinds of weather. For the money, best truck I ever owned and I have had a few. Good looking truck..

This truck you can take to the opera!
By lastchanceblogger on 10/27/05 20:10 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Amazing truck. It has outstanding acceleration, and the SLT package with OnStar makes it feel like a Cadillac, not a truck. This truck serves two purposes: you can haul drywall, and you can go to the country club.

2005 GMC Sierra
By ALLEN AIKENS JR. on 10/11/05 18:38 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. The quality, reliability. A very comfortable truck to drive. Also my 9yr old daughter loves the back seat. This truck has great power. The Chevy and the GMC are very close but the front end of the GMC just blows me away, I love the front end. One negative, the gas mileage is around 13 mpg, but I still have my 92 Chevy S-10 2 to offset the low gas mileage

Great Truck
By Montanatruck on 10/06/05 15:00 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Truck is amazing. It has great acceleration, and power. I drove from Los Angeles to Bozeman, Montana in 2 days, around 1400 miles, and it didn't even have a hiccup and hadn't lost any oil. We had a snow storm the other day and truck drove like it was on dry pavement. When I was shopping for a new truck I was looking for a truck with plenty of torque, so the japanesse trucks were no in question. I had to decide wheather to choose ford or GM, but i eventually decided on the GMC because I liked the style, and had everything I wanted.

Didn't Like The Bowtie
By Ken on 09/30/05 15:45 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

As a dyed in the wool "Bowtie" guy, it was tough to buy another type of vehicle. However, I can't stand the front end on the Chevy, so I went with the GMC. After 3K miles, I've come to enjoy the truck quite a bit, but would like to see a few mods. Most are listed below, but I ran outta' room for one - when negotiating a slight turn at fwy. speeds, any moderate imperfection in the road surface will cause momentary instability. This seems to be in the rack & pinion equipped models only, as my '02 Suburban with conventional steering seems significantly smoother over the same road surface. Overall though, I'm really happy with the truck.

Bob Likes the GMC
By Robert Vaught on 09/19/05 12:03 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great towing vehicle, I love the trailer package with the lights and brakes already wired and the automatic slowdown feature on the gearshift. The on-demand rear differential lock is very helpful when driving on snow and ice. I recently hauled over 8000lbs on the truck and a double axle trailer from Ohio to Atlanta and was very pleased with the power response and vehicle handling.

One Sweet truck !
By Patrick Carney on 07/19/05 23:33 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. I use this as an all around truck, and it is perfect for a medium weight trailer. I towed a Kubota back hoe, front end loader on a heavy duty twin axle rental trailer, and you could feel the weight kick you around. My buddy owns the same truck, and he installed air bags in the rear suspension and it greatly improved the trailer handling. Most of my driving is city mileage and short trips. Mileage is 14.2mpg for cit driving. On a long trip, with no added weight, I averaged 23.5 to 24 Mpg at 70 mph. I wasn't really impressed with its take off or low end torque, but I have to say that unloaded its power is deceiving. It's so smooth in its power delivery, but watch the speedo rocket .

Outstanding value
By civman on 07/10/05 17:49 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is incredible! It has to be the best value on the market considering its peformance vs. price. I bought it for my wife, and she loves it! Fantastic product, great price, super service at the dealership! You need to drive this truck, then go buy one.