Used 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

2005 1500 GMC Extended Cab
By Orlean

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Except for the early tranny issue and the noise coming from my steering column, this truck has been spectacular! Thanks to a personal mechanic who was a GM mechanic, the steering column has become a non-issue. And, the dealership took GREAT care of the tranny issue. 140,000 miles into it and I STILL love this truck! I've driven it to/from CA and TX several times, in both winter and summer, and it's served me VERY well! MPG has deteriorated over the years, but that's to be expected. Started at 17MPG and now at 15! I miss that extra 2MPG!

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy and I would've given this truck a HUGE endorsement.

watch out
By bill

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

the defective casteck heads in my 5.3 leak coolant. this causes what sounds like bad lifter. know what heads are in your 5.3 before you buy, otherwise you could wind up with truck with repairs more than its value.

Favorite Features

seats are better than my 08 sierra

Suggested Improvements

use heads that are not defective

Very Satisfied
By Pat Patterson

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

No major complaints. Overall a very well balanced truck. Roomy, comfortable, decent gas mileage. Recently traded for a 2008 model because of the rebates and incentives but if not for that this would've been a keeper.

Favorite Features

Dual climate zones. Leather seats. Auto lights. Spray in bedliner.

Suggested Improvements

More power, better mpg, a more serious sound system.

Best vehicle I have ever owned!
By Jeff

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Denali AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this truck used and it looks like it just rolled off the factory line. I have owned 2 F-150s and 04 Dodge Ram Quad cab. This by far blows them away. I traded a BMW 525i for it and I actually enjoyed the ride home better. My kids love the factory RSE DVD player and the room in the backseat compared to the other trucks I have owned. I love the driver's seat with the 4 point lumbar support, dual heated and powered front seats and very soft leather front and back. I have always jumped from vehicle to vehicle but I think I have found what I was looking for - a vehicle that has all the comforts of a sports car and the convenience of a pick-up truck.

Favorite Features

Front seat - leather, lumbar and heated, power mirrors (fold in and out), roomy back seat and rear seat DVD player. Drives like a car, looks like a truck.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius is a little wide compared to other trucks. Suspension is a little bouncy and not tight. Gas mileage but it is a used truck.

GMC, you can and must do better
By dg

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been driving this truck for almost 2 years, so I know all of its little nuances. Unfortunately, I am not impressed. I have had many GM vehicles and this has been one of the worst. Warranty issues include: new radiator, new brake rotors, power seat motor, tranny problems, etc. I can only attribute this stuff to the fact that GM is rabidly seeking the cheapest suppliers on the globe, which has to hurt quality. I must admit that I use my truck heavily, but what good is a pickup truck that can't handle a little beating? Considering the msrp on this thing was around $39000, GMC must do better with its 2007 model. If not, Tundra and Titan will have Sierra for lunch!

Favorite Features

Good suspension and 4wd

Suggested Improvements

Overall build and materials quality is not up to industry standards.