2005 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
watch out
By bill on 02/27/09 17:17 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

the defective casteck heads in my 5.3 leak coolant. this causes what sounds like bad lifter. know what heads are in your 5.3 before you buy, otherwise you could wind up with truck with repairs more than its value.

Best Truck For the Money
By Marc B on 12/25/08 11:34 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I read all the reviews on this truck before I bought. And most of them were positive. So I went out and bought used from a trustworthy dealer. Drove home over 400 miles that afternoon and night and totally enjoyed the ride home. Truck is very nice ride, and good looking. 5.3 engine has it all also. Gmc is easy to work on, and do your own services on. Save money right there.

Very Satisfied
By Pat Patterson on 10/28/08 18:23 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

No major complaints. Overall a very well balanced truck. Roomy, comfortable, decent gas mileage. Recently traded for a 2008 model because of the rebates and incentives but if not for that this would've been a keeper.

Mostly Happy
By RMcGee on 08/25/08 08:42 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

As soon as I saw this vehicle I loved it. Victory Red w/ GMC 20" wheels. I am on my 3rd year and just under 36k miles. I have pulled my 22' boat to the Ozarks which is around 300 miles each way through some hilly country. The truck shifts down a lot to keep up the RPM's. The interior seems a little on the cheap side & reminds me of some Mattel toys I had as a kid. I did have the intermediate shaft in the steering fixed at 25k miles. Now that my warranty is up my check engine light is on and I guess the vaccum canister needs replaced which is $500(for plastic). Overall I love the truck and use it for everything from towing to hauling. I just wish the standard warranty was 100k.

Will Never own anything but GMC
By Steve on 08/20/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This 2005 Pickup is my 3rd GMC pickup I have owned and I have never had any issues at all with all of them. This 2005 is probably the best one yet, It's rugged, tough, stirdy. Drives like a real truck. Stay true GMC your pickups are the best.

Best vehicle I have ever owned!
By Jeff on 02/16/08 17:44 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Crew Cab Denali AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this truck used and it looks like it just rolled off the factory line. I have owned 2 F-150s and 04 Dodge Ram Quad cab. This by far blows them away. I traded a BMW 525i for it and I actually enjoyed the ride home better. My kids love the factory RSE DVD player and the room in the backseat compared to the other trucks I have owned. I love the driver's seat with the 4 point lumbar support, dual heated and powered front seats and very soft leather front and back. I have always jumped from vehicle to vehicle but I think I have found what I was looking for - a vehicle that has all the comforts of a sports car and the convenience of a pick-up truck.

I wish I bought a Dodge
By joe on 01/23/08 18:47 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Was a decent truck when I bought it. But it wouldn't tow worth a dang, piston slap, horrible trans, creaks, squeaks, parts breaking, clunking from steering shaft, burnout lights, sound system, tires, brakes, and so much more wrong with it. My 2nd gm and last. I'm buying a Dodge.

2005 hd review
By Roger on 12/07/07 10:41 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck, has served well in snowy to over 100 temps. Have hauled trailers and 10000 pounds of hay with no problems, using t/h switch is very good as it lowers tranny temp. 53 k miles with 0 problems. avergage mileage is 13.2. Not bad for a 9600 GVW rating with 410 axle. Hauls 3000 pounds of block in bed with no problems.

Awesome truck
By zeek on 03/13/07 16:34 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Plenty of power from the v6 and great mileage too. With the 5-speed manual I get an average of 25mpg on the highway and 20 in the city. Not bad for a full sized truck.

GMC, you can and must do better
By dg on 10/31/06 07:34 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been driving this truck for almost 2 years, so I know all of its little nuances. Unfortunately, I am not impressed. I have had many GM vehicles and this has been one of the worst. Warranty issues include: new radiator, new brake rotors, power seat motor, tranny problems, etc. I can only attribute this stuff to the fact that GM is rabidly seeking the cheapest suppliers on the globe, which has to hurt quality. I must admit that I use my truck heavily, but what good is a pickup truck that can't handle a little beating? Considering the msrp on this thing was around $39000, GMC must do better with its 2007 model. If not, Tundra and Titan will have Sierra for lunch!