2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Best Truck For the Money
By Marc B on 12/25/08 11:34 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I read all the reviews on this truck before I bought. And most of them were positive. So I went out and bought used from a trustworthy dealer. Drove home over 400 miles that afternoon and night and totally enjoyed the ride home. Truck is very nice ride, and good looking. 5.3 engine has it all also. Gmc is easy to work on, and do your own services on. Save money right there.

Awesome truck
By zeek on 03/13/07 16:34 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Plenty of power from the v6 and great mileage too. With the 5-speed manual I get an average of 25mpg on the highway and 20 in the city. Not bad for a full sized truck.

This is a solid truck!
By Nate on 06/28/05 12:51 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is at the top of its class. The seats and interior are the most comfortable and roomy for any truck I've been in. It's a solid built truck. It was put together right. It is dependable, and has plenty of power to get me where I need to go, not to mention a few thousand pounds of whatever I want to haul.

My GMC Truck
By Don Sharlow on 05/27/05 13:57 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My GMC truck is very reliable. The body integrity, motor and drive train have given me nothing but good service. I drive it to work every day, which is about 120 mile round trip, and find it comfortable and safe to handle and control in heavy traffic. Too bad you don't have one too.

Great Ride
By Jerry on 05/18/05 16:27 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Mine is a two door sportside with the small V8. The truck handles great, and corners like a sports car. It's a fun vehicle to drive. I have a black truck with a tan interior and I had to go to Arkansas from Texas to get that combination. There were only three in the country that had the combination I wanted. If you are looking for a good looking and fun truck, look at the GMC Sierra.

Great Truck!
By Jeb on 04/12/05 00:44 AM (PDT)

I've been satisfied with the truck so far. It's a bit under powered, but that's expected with 6 cylinders. Enough power if you don't tow anything. My only disappointments have been with interior design. There aren't enough useable storage bins. Pencils constantly fall out of the ones on the dash board. The cup holders are in a strange and unhandy place. They make the middle seat useless. There is no storage space under the seats. Seats are very comfortable on long trips. Interior and exterior fit and finish are very good. No rattles. Gas mileage could be better.

GMC 1500
By Sammer Sulieman on 12/28/04 22:50 PM (PST)

Good trucks with everything you need for everyday use and work.