2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Review: Impressive ride and handling

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Impressive ride and handling
By pstueven on

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab Denali AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the Sierra Denali two months ago, and am impressed with the power, comfort, and conveniences this truck offers. What has amazed, and completely sold me is the quadrasteer. Living in a large town, I frequently must make sharp turns in confined areas, which this truck handles with ease. I watched a Ford F150 make two attempts to pull out of the bank drive through, and I had no problem whatsoever. It may be a little more expensive than an SLT, but the Sierra Denali is more than worth it. Fantastic ride, amazing power, great looks, and better towing capacity than the standard 1/2 ton.

Favorite Features

Power, Power and more Power. All wheel drive all the time. Extreme comfort, the ride is nothing short of amazing for a full size truck. And Quadrasteer. I will never buy another truck without it. It may cost more, but if you live in a city, Quadrasteer is worth its weight in gold.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. On highway, I had 15.7 mpg on a 1700 mile trip, granted I averaged 80 mph. In stop and go traffic, 13.3 mpg is tough to swallow. The color matched soft tonneau may look good, but it is cheaply made.