2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Review: Edmund's Truck Review is Wrong

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Edmund's Truck Review is Wrong!
By Joel Hendelman on

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always been an avid Ford F-150 kind of guy. But I have to say after driving both GMC 1500 Sierra and the F- 150, I have switched. Most comfortable ride I have ever had in a 4WD vehicle. I also own a 1990 Suburban 4WD with over 150K miles and it still runs strong. Much more room on the interior of the GMC than Ford could muster. Interior design and presentation is great and the sound system with Bose speakers to support it is fantastic. It may be sometime before I venture back to Ford to get my next truck. I tend to hold on to mine for quite awhile.

Beautiful paint job (dark green), excellent interior comfort and design for both front and rear passengers. Super sound system.

Fuel economy is reasonable for a 4WD extended cab 8' bed truck. I suspect there is always a way to improve power and efficiency without drowning the price tag. Not really a serious issue though.