Used 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Std cab SB 5.3
By p145897

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Just turned 100k. Even though this truck has been meticulously maintained and never abused, it has had the transmission replaced (at 67K), sound system (at 25K), intermediate steering shaft (3 times), HVAC controls (at 75K), front rotors (2 times), instrument panel (at 70K), steering wheel control modules replaced (80K), etc. There is so much slop in the drive train that I would never consider using as a tow vehicle. Good for going to the dump and grocery shopping. Limited slip (rear) is demonstrating signs of impending failure, just a matter of time.

Aftermarket navigation system and Magnaflow exhaust. Auto headlights. The 5.3 is a fantastic engine. 4-wheel anti-lock disc brakes work very well when the front rotors are still true.

GM needs to admit the 4L60E transmission is fatally flawed and fund repairs.

Life
By erynlynne

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a life saver for me, got into a car accident was going 85 and hit a telephone. I truly believed it saved my life, i just bought another one same year. Truck has a amazing build! i would tell anyone about this truck and how amazing it is.! i absolutely LOVE it.

everything

better interior

2004 GMC Sierra 4.8 V8
By Roger

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle used. It now has nearly 155,000 miles on it needing a little TLC and routine maintenance. It has needed little things like tune up, brakes, fluids changed, shocks and tires. This truck has exceeded all of my expectations for a higher mileage vehicle. It does not leak fluids or use and oil. I plan to put another 50K on it before even considering purchasing another truck. I have two friend that also own 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 with over 200+K miles on each. They both run very well needing only routine maintenance.

This truck has a classic and good looking style. I have used it to haul some heavy loads some that have exceeded its 1/2 ton rated capacity. It has performed beautifully. One tough truck.

This is a work truck and I purchased it with that in mind. It does not have any extras. Simply put - This truck does not need any extras to get the work done.

best yet
By underpressureinc

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck brand new, actually bought a toyota first but found the mileage and power to lacking for the needs I had. this truck filled the bill alright, she has towed a trailer almost everyday and has been used as a working route truck.I have had not one problem with this truck even the tires have lasted longer than expected for stock run of the mill general tires. I love this truck but its time to move on to a new work truck I think I will do it all over with another short box gmc 1500 ! what a great investment this was for our co.

towing ability,power she has,comfort and ease to drive,she looks really fine.the mileage is always in the 20s'and I haven't ever serviced this truck yet.

none

amazing truck!!!
By cdr1991

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My dad had originally bout this truck, it was the first 04 in Alaska at the time. He used it to comute 60 miles away for about 3 years, then I used it to drive to school about 30 miles away. Not once has this truck not started, even at -40 it started right up. Not once has it ever had any Major problem. Only mat. That has been done is oi change and brake pads. It is the best truck that my dad or I have ever owned. I am currently at 163,200 miles! Still defect free. My brother as well bought one of the same year since he liked mine so much, and he has the same thoughs about it. It is a amazing truck

i love the engine. for being so small it has good power, and definitely has some kick to it if needed

my only complaint is what has been recalled. never has anything gone wrong. never needed to fix the recalls either.( had too many miles)