2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
2004 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Std cab SB 5.3
By p145897 on 12/16/13 03:18 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Just turned 100k. Even though this truck has been meticulously maintained and never abused, it has had the transmission replaced (at 67K), sound system (at 25K), intermediate steering shaft (3 times), HVAC controls (at 75K), front rotors (2 times), instrument panel (at 70K), steering wheel control modules replaced (80K), etc. There is so much slop in the drive train that I would never consider using as a tow vehicle. Good for going to the dump and grocery shopping. Limited slip (rear) is demonstrating signs of impending failure, just a matter of time.

Life
By erynlynne on 06/17/11 17:58 PM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a life saver for me, got into a car accident was going 85 and hit a telephone. I truly believed it saved my life, i just bought another one same year. Truck has a amazing build! i would tell anyone about this truck and how amazing it is.! i absolutely LOVE it.

2004 GMC Sierra 4.8 V8
By Roger on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle used. It now has nearly 155,000 miles on it needing a little TLC and routine maintenance. It has needed little things like tune up, brakes, fluids changed, shocks and tires. This truck has exceeded all of my expectations for a higher mileage vehicle. It does not leak fluids or use and oil. I plan to put another 50K on it before even considering purchasing another truck. I have two friend that also own 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 with over 200+K miles on each. They both run very well needing only routine maintenance.

best yet
By underpressureinc on 03/03/10 10:43 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck brand new, actually bought a toyota first but found the mileage and power to lacking for the needs I had. this truck filled the bill alright, she has towed a trailer almost everyday and has been used as a working route truck.I have had not one problem with this truck even the tires have lasted longer than expected for stock run of the mill general tires. I love this truck but its time to move on to a new work truck I think I will do it all over with another short box gmc 1500 ! what a great investment this was for our co.

amazing truck!!!
By cdr1991 on 02/05/10 22:44 PM (PST)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My dad had originally bout this truck, it was the first 04 in Alaska at the time. He used it to comute 60 miles away for about 3 years, then I used it to drive to school about 30 miles away. Not once has this truck not started, even at -40 it started right up. Not once has it ever had any Major problem. Only mat. That has been done is oi change and brake pads. It is the best truck that my dad or I have ever owned. I am currently at 163,200 miles! Still defect free. My brother as well bought one of the same year since he liked mine so much, and he has the same thoughs about it. It is a amazing truck

2004 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 litre
By REber on 04/11/08 14:46 PM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is more care like than truck. The suspension is soft and bottoms under heavy load. I've never attained the fuel economy declaired, only about 13 to 17 at best. It's been recalled once. The brakes have never been grippy enough. GM says the dashboard may go out at 70,000 miles and the stearing column center shaft went out twice. Now the left front wheel bearing is going out. The truck has not been abused!! I want to buy American but the quality needs to improve before that happens again! Most of the miles are highway miles with lite loads. The repairs have been very pricy. I purchased the truck new and there are only 39000 miles on it.

GMC Sierra Sharp and Long Lasting
By Jerry on 03/14/08 13:12 PM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have this truck four years now and not one problem. Mine is a sport side in black with added chrome. It looks and rides great. Instead of a heavy duty package, I have the easy ride suspension. It handles and feels great. On the open road it rides like a luxury car.

GMC Kicks Butt
By BobbyL on 02/04/05 19:40 PM (PST)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE Rwd LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck for work or pleasure. it hauls heavy loads and trailers with ease, yet when unloaded it gets around like a sports car. very quick and little slip when taking off. Brakes way better than any Ford I've ever driven. Truck has all desired features including power windows/door locks. Stereo has no rattles at full volume. I get a lot of positive comments... Nice truck

The Best
By MoniqueC on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Working for GM I am able to drive quite a few diffrent vehicles. This is definately my favorite one so far. I love this truck. The performance on and off road are number one. If your looking to purchase a new truck give this one a chance to win you over. It did me.

my first truck
By Brett from Texas on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

i got this truck in late january and i've got 1700 miles on it. it's perfect for me, the ride is smooth, acceleration is great, and the cd player takes care of all my music needs. the only other trucks ive had the pleasure of driving are my brother's 2002 F-150 single cab, and my dad's 1978 F-150 extended cab, and it greatly surpasses both of them.