2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
High miler, still purring!
By camelot4 on 08/22/12 21:21 PM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck 3 years ago with 120000 miles on it and it just purrs. Smooth, quiet, comfortable and even with all those miles it still doesn't burn or leak any oil. I haul a 260 gallon water tank in the back and it doesn't even phase the old girl. Just a great truck!

gmc
By noisyhonda on 03/03/11 14:45 PM (PST)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

great truck good at hauling. very spacious and comtorble. gas mileage is good for a truck. had this truck from new to 180000 miles now original motor still runs very smooth as does tranny, and everything else. the only repairs i had to do so far on this truck was o2 sensors about 40bucks each a crank angle sensor about 50dollar and a output shaft seal on the transfer case, i did the work myself. other then that routine maintance and she'll run strong for a long time. i would diffently buy another in the future if needed.

Cracked cylinder heads
By shane l on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the truck it is very comfortable, and has been trouble free for 5 years, till I noticed the coolant level dropping, I figured out it had cracked cylinder heads. Took it to Boulevard GMC in Signal Hill and they charged me $170.00 for something I already knew and lied and said they took the valve covers off to inspect, when it shows no one has taken the valve cover off, (BEWARE OF THIS DEALERSHIP) GM wont help pretty much had to fix my self. I put in Bars head gasket fix and the leak in the heads went away, been 3,000 miles all I have to do is change my lifters and push-rods and should be good to go. Don't think I am going to be buying GM anymore.

Love my Truck
By Cheryl on 06/17/07 13:17 PM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Sierra has a comfortable ride with tons of room in the front seat and also in the back. I like the short box. It was just enough for everything I was hauling and kept the vehicle length shorter. The 8 cyl give the Sierra great pick up. However the gas mileage is quite low. I have owned it for three years (48,000 miles) and have not had one problem with it.

it's a good un
By jdl on 08/30/05 01:38 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Rides like a luxury car with power and handling of a sports car. 18-19 on the highway at 70-75 -- great improvement over my '01 extended cab. For the money,it is best on the market and looks better than the sister Chevy. Pulls 22'boat with ease. Hunted all last season over rough terrain -- still no rattles. Get one.

Amazing GMC Truck
By Darren on 05/19/05 12:17 PM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Everything about this truck is amazing, from the way it drives, to all of its abilities, towing, hauling, etc. The most impressive thing is the Autotrac 4WD system, I have off roaded with it in the snow, and never slipped a tire, even in over a foot of snow!

GMC Sierra
By mdenson on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

GM could do better at designing this vehicle to ride smooth without a load. When loaded in the back it rides great, but with an empty bed, is is very choppy on the least uneven road. Only about 30 lbs in the rear makes all the difference, perhaps a tailgate weight or something. All in all, this is a great vehicle. A little less room than my Avalanche, but still very comfortable for 4 normal sized people. Looks great (mine's black). Gotta have the leather!

GMC Sierra Crew Cab
By Dcg on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle itself is great. I would stay clear of Midway Nissan/GMC if you want to leave with any dignity. I am still trying to figure out how they added every maint service/Logard/theft gaurd/etc, etc, etc onto my contract without me wanting it. They have given me no follow up communication depite 2 very pointed letters. The GMC Sierra truck however is great. My family loves it this far.

2004 Crew Cab SLT 1500
By mcotton on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

ATC updates had to be performed after 5,000 miles to get the transmission working properly. Once fixed, the truck ran great.

Nice!!!
By justa25thta on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Although I have had the truck less than a week, it is really nice. Nice ride, looks great, gas mileage is already improving (should be about 16 mpg for the first tank and should get better). Big enough for the whole family and groceries in the back. It was this truck or a SUV, like the truck much better. Drove the Ford SuperCrew (Nice interior materials!) and the Nissan Titan. They are both nice, but the GMC had $6000 in rebates! That sealed the deal. Real glad I went with the GM!