Used 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

High miler, still purring!
By camelot4

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck 3 years ago with 120000 miles on it and it just purrs.
Smooth, quiet, comfortable and even with all those miles it still doesn't burn or leak any oil.
I haul a 260 gallon water tank in
the back and it doesn't even phase the old girl.
Just a great truck!

Comfortable and quiet with more than decent mileage for a truck.. (22 mpg hi-way in Canadian gallons) Controls on the steering wheel, power/heated seats and auto headlights.

I wished the center console would lift up out of the way to make room for an additional front seat.

gmc
By noisyhonda

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

great truck good at hauling. very spacious and comtorble. gas mileage is good for a truck. had this truck from new to 180000 miles now original motor still runs very smooth as does tranny, and everything else. the only repairs i
had to do so far on this truck was o2 sensors about 40bucks each a crank angle sensor about 50dollar and a output shaft seal on the transfer case, i did the work myself. other then that routine maintance and she'll run strong for a long time. i would diffently buy another in the future if needed.

auto 4wheeldrive spacious good ride nice interior good at hauling very reliable

i think a roll down rear window would be nice like on the tundras a active cylinder cutoff on the highway to improve gas mileage like the Vette stability control would be nice for driving on ice. downhill decent for off roading or hauling.

Cracked cylinder heads
By shane l

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the truck it is very comfortable, and has been trouble free for 5 years, till I noticed the coolant level dropping, I figured out it had cracked cylinder heads. Took it to Boulevard GMC in Signal Hill and they charged me $170.00 for something I already knew and lied and said they took the valve covers off to inspect, when it shows no one has taken the valve cover off, (BEWARE OF THIS DEALERSHIP) GM wont help pretty much had to fix my self. I put in Bars head gasket fix and the leak in the heads went away, been 3,000 miles all I have to do is change my lifters and push-rods and should be good to go. Don't think I am going to be buying GM anymore.

Love my Truck
By Cheryl

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Sierra has a comfortable ride with tons of room in the front seat and also in the back. I like the short box. It was just enough for everything I was hauling and kept the vehicle length shorter. The 8 cyl give the Sierra great pick up. However the gas mileage is quite low. I have owned it for three years (48,000 miles) and have not had one problem with it.

The seats in the back fold down for cargo space, great for groceries, sports stuff and the family dog.

When I bought it no one made a cap for the short box. They probably have one now.

it's a good un
By jdl

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Rides like a luxury car with power and handling of a sports car. 18-19 on the highway at 70-75 -- great improvement over my '01 extended cab. For the money,it is best on the market and looks better than the sister Chevy. Pulls 22'boat with ease. Hunted all last season over rough terrain -- still no rattles. Get one.

Motor! Quiet smooth ride

The build on exterior could be a little better -- Toyota still has GM on this one.