What a truck should be.
By GTJ on
2003 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLE Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
Overall, an excellent truck. Very quiet and plush on long trips. Excellent truck-like ergonomics, unlike the car- like feel and look of other manufacturers. Great audio (Bose) and Automatic climate controls. My wife and I share time behind the wheel so the seat and mirror memory is great to have. Very solid build quality, which translates into a quite, squeak (silicon lube on the weather striping) and rattle free ride. Front suspension is on the soft side in comparison to the rear. Only evident at slow speed at "bumps" perpendicular to the direction of travel, otherwise a very nice balance.
Favorite Features
5.3 Liter, Smooth auto, Bose Audio System, Automatic Climate Control, Seat and Sideview Mirror memory (my wife drives it as much as I do), Heated Seats, Large livable rear seat, Power folding mirrors, Steering Wheel controls, Comfortable Seats, Looks like a truck should look!
Suggested Improvements
One more notch on the tilt wheel. The leather develops a sheen with normal use. Front suspension feels spongy at times. Does the hump on the passenger side floor really need to be there? Addition of a drivers side grab bar.