Top Truck
By Chazz on
2003 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
When I first purchased this truck I thought it was the smothest riding and best handling 4x4 I had ever driven. (Wife has purchased a Yukon 4x4 and it is even smoother riding) It has spent a good deal of time off road. I do not get rough or overly abusive, mostly steep hills, sand, mud under 6-8 inches and a little rock crawling. If yours does not have the locking rear differential it is worth the money. I am sure it has saved me more in tow services than it costs to have installed. I have not had any serious mechanical failures, I did have a u- joint start chirping on me after a week in the hills of western South Dakota. The truck has about 50,000 miles on it and gets serviced regularly.
Favorite Features
Other than the 4X4, I really enjoy the way it looks. It handles better than my friend's and family's Fords or Dodges and they agree with me. I like the four doors on an extended cab.
Suggested Improvements
The first thing I will say I do not like is the stereo and the stereo options. One has to purchase a leather interior to get a good stereo. Who thought that one up? I found out that the wiring harness to get an after- market stereo installed costs $250. I just want a better stereo and I would be good