2003 GMC Sierra 1500 4.8L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Love my truck... so far

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Love my truck... so far
By Jim Talley on

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

In January I bought a 2003 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE with the trailering package and the Z71 off-road package. The truck is quite as a church mouse on the inside and runs beautifully. The ride is firm, like a truck, but not so stiff that you have to visit your dentist and have your fillings put back in weekly. Visability is very good and the inside is extremely comfortable (including the back seat). Transmission shift isn't always smooth as GM silk and there is some growl from the front end in 4WD... time will tell if these are normal or not.

Favorite Features

The on-board diagnostics and comuter are helpful, as is the automatic air bag on the passenger side (automatically disabled if the passenger weighs less than 60 lbs). I like how the 4 doors open and the lack of a B-pillar.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders on the front seat don't fold out of the way of a center passenger... that's dumb ! I'm also keeping my fingers crossed over my 4WD growl up front...