Used 2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Gmc Sierra-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

2003 GMC SLE
By john kupetz

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

When I was looking for a truck that I really liked and one my wife could drive, the GMC fit the bill! I test drove every truck out there along with detailed research on all of them. The GMC won hands down. It's easily accessible to the bed and inside the vehicle. I have had a few minor problems, but were covered under warranty. While I have a V8, the fuel economy was a little disappointing. This truck is a regular cab short bed with the towing package. All in all I am very pleased with it, and I plan to purchase an extended cab in 2008.

Favorite Features

Handling, power, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

SLT in a short bed regular cab

American Made
By Evan

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

With 50,000 miles on the odometer I couldnt be more pleased with the way this truck has held up. Don't try telling a GMC owner that his truck is a Chevy. I have been more than pleased with this trucks reliability, fuel consumption and overall satisfaction. Equipped with the 4.8 and an aftermarket Hyptertech chip gives this truck enough power to scare V8 Mustangs and Camaros. Add that with a bed to haul pretty much anything and a good tow capacity make this truck ideal for a high school or college student that can be assured of safety in an accident should that occur. Overall a great buy!

Favorite Features

The 4.8 liter V8 is deceiving as it allows for good gas mileage with strong power. 40/20/40 seating allows for a third passenger or drop the console for arm support Great Visibilty and Dual Climate Controls are a very nice feature.

Suggested Improvements

Possibly more stow away room behind the seats in the regular can A locking tailgate would be beneficial as well as having the seat belts located on the pillars instead of being integrated into the seats for taller drivers.

GMC builds the best trucks!
By Evan

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLE Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My first automobile was a 1966 Pontiac LeMans which I still have to this day, but I was in need of a truck to haul more around but still have decent power. The body styling on the GMC's does not jump out at you like the Chevy's or Fords etc. I have been extremely pleased with my truck especially in the performance category. After adding a Hypertech power programmer to the truck, the engine output has been amazing. Gas mileage has dropped a bit to about 16/20 but my I don't mind that when I enjoy the performance.

Favorite Features

The 40/20/40 seating is a nice feature to have especially with the arm rest that drops down for comfort and storage. Automatically sensored headlights are also a nice feature as well as the digital compass and temperature gauges in the rearview as on the SLE model

Suggested Improvements

More room behind the seats for better storage of bags, etc. Add a 5 Speed manual to the optional 5.3 liter! They could easily take over the performance truck market that Ford and Dodge are competing in.

I Hate this vechile
By justin d leblanc

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

i bought this truck in june of 2003. i am very disappointed in the performance of this truck, the service from this dealership, and the warranty work performed. to tell you a little about this truck at 2000 miles the ac went out, at 4500 the heater went out, at 16000 miles the distributor cap went out causing me to have it towed. other things that have gone wrong from the shocks going out, the steering vibrates as you drive, the transmission kicks hard when put in gear. i strongly advise no one to buy this truck.

Favorite Features

The favorite features of this vehicle is the roominess

Suggested Improvements

engine definetly needs improvement

Good truck
By Sofa3

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Truck.........Nothing else that I could ask for. Handles great, Drives like a car, but works like a truck.

Favorite Features

Push button 4 wheel drive, worth its weight in gold